90K service (pt 2.)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, just about 90,000 on the KJ too. Saw Offroverings post and started thinking out what I needed. Planning on doing somewhat of a "overhaul" on it in the next week. Just wondering what you all might also recommend. Any more ideas
So far i have planned:

Oil change wth 5w30 Amsoil & w/ Amsoil filter.
Rear diff oil change w/ Lubelocker & Amsoil
Front diff oil change w/ Amsoil (pulling cover as it's leaking)
Transfer lube changw w/ Amsoil
****** (not planning as it was changed around 80K)
Amsoil air filter change
Lube UCA, rear LCA and redo sway bar zerks, replace w/ Amsil synth grease
Change out PCV valve
Extend breathers
Replace Rack bushings
Replace out tie rod ends (hopefully with Moogs)
Replace rear drum brake shoes
Repaint/ reinstall skids and RL rear bumper.
Relocate water washer bottle
Add Quickfist clamps to inner tailgate for axe shovel mounts. (already have them for maglight on driver seat lol)

-Also thinking of:
radiator flush/ refill with HOAT (that's the correct one??, dont need a 4 page discussion on it, lol)
pulling front wheel well liner and undercoating it.
changing fuel filter (i run the tank to E pretty often)

I think I'll be able to do most of it in a three day weekend. So what do y'all think. Any other ideas? thanks Mike

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am looking at doing the colonic, err Seafoam for the overhaul too. Seems like a lot of pros verse only one con (hydrolocking the engine). Seems like there has been plenty of people that have done it with out any bad reviews.

Just to verify, 1/2 can into the gas tank. Does it matter if it's full or low? Need gas soon anyway. The other half is where I have the question. Should I put it directly into the throttle body or pull the hose an slowly suck it up out of a container?

I also read about putting it in directly with the oil and letting it run for a few hundred miles. Any thoughts on that? As I said previously, I am changing oil and plugs next weekend. Thanks again for the input. Maybe I should document it for a how to. Hey Kevin wanna come help? lol

later, mike

2003KJ

Reaction score
Pull the hose and let it suck it out of the container. As for adding it to the oil, if you're not really having any problems (which it sounds like your not) and you've been running a good Synthetic for a while (which is sounds like you have), I wouldn't worry about that.

Latest posts

Members online