6/1 at The Mounds (near Flint)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO MAKE THIS EVENT. I HAVE AN ABS ISSUE THAT WILL MAKE IT A PAIN TO OFFROAD (ABS KICKING IN UNNECESSARILY), NOT TO MENTION I DON'T WANT ANY ISSUES ABOUT OFFROADING WHEN I TAKE IT IN MONDAY (SENSOR ON ORDER) - THIS IS WARRANTY WORK. YOU'D STILL BE WELCOME TO GO AND HOOK UP WITH THOSE GUYS IF YOU'D LIKE. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU WERE PLANNING AND NEED ANY INFO.

The Chrysler JeepGeeks group is planning another off-roading event on 6/1. Nothing is set in stone yet. I'll be at The Mounds in Genessee County.

You're welcome to come. I can provide more details about the event and some items to bring (for the unexperienced) as the date gets closer and if people express interest.

If you're totally stock, no real worries. I went there on SRA's and did OK. It's as difficult as you want to make it basically. Should be dried out by then too. I would recommend some skids, and recovery points are a must - preferably front and rear. You'd need tow hooks or a receiver on the front, and the same on the rear.

Post here if you're interested! Don't make me be the ONLY KJ again! These are Chrysler guys - they are really cool, and have given me much props over what my mostly stock KJ can do. They all honestly seem to be really proud of me, which is kinda cool.

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention - you'll also need an ORV ($16.50 or so?) sticker and it's a $10 county entrance fee. Well worth it!

The ORV stickers expire in March, so you'd still get almost a full year out of them now :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I were closer and then I could go. Sounds interesting and fun.

There are some others from your neck of the woods on here. Hopefully, a few of you can meet up and go and then let us know how it was.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So is any one going to this? I maybe up for a run up there. Have to see what else is going on but maybe????? Wouldn't mind checking it out

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still on for the 1st. Just a warning Tom - we typically go out for 3-4 hours or so. Just don't want you to make the long trip and be disappointed by that. It's fun, but it's definitely "city boy" off-roading. There are usually mud pits and whatnot if you'd like to get crazy, otherwise, you can easily bypass them.

I know you're a seasoned 'froader. We're mostly amateurs. ;)

Latest posts

Members online