6 1/2" Kappa 3-ways in rear doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced the stock rear speakers. I decided to install it on the door panel itself.
You must be registered for see images attach

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome speakers, but.... hmmmm, the red, silver, not diggin it. even on the outside. kinda looks like something someone would do to a cavalier or neon.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
ditto on the color, I would go back to white or make them black.

As for the speakers, wow looking great, I would be scared if anyone will punch a hole in them or damage them with that set up.

they look nice, I got a pair of 6 1/2 and wanted to fit them there, so was wondering where did you get the bracket (seems like old speakers were smaller as well, not 6 3/4 oem?

As for the door trims, last week I was removing them, it was crazy I couldn't remove the last few clips they were WAYYY too hard to take off.. any tips?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
ditto on the color, I would go back to white or make them black.

As for the speakers, wow looking great, I would be scared if anyone will punch a hole in them or damage them with that set up.

they look nice, I got a pair of 6 1/2 and wanted to fit them there, so was wondering where did you get the bracket (seems like old speakers were smaller as well, not 6 3/4 oem?

As for the door trims, last week I was removing them, it was crazy I couldn't remove the last few clips they were WAYYY too hard to take off.. any tips?

The silver is suppose to match the exterior color.

With the speaker cover on its hard to punch a hole into them. I have the same set in the tailgate, and i throw stuff back there without a care.

I used the brackets that came with the speakers. The old speakers were oem, I just cut out the old speaker grill in the door trim.

I have a trim removal tool that i order from crutchfield. It works but i have gotten use to just lower the window and popping it off starting from the top. I just slide my hand along the edge and it comes off pretty easy.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You lowered the window first? does that help anyway? Like I said it was OK to remove the upper clips but lowers were crazy. I will try again...

As for the new speakers, I think I should check the box out, to see if they came with any brackets. I won't be ripping the grille out so let's see if they can be fitted without a problem. Actually I just wanted to see how they will sound without installing them first, so I will just tap the wires and see how they sound first. Rear OEMs got no power and very low sound!

Thanks.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door panels on mine were really hard to take off the first time too. Just pull harder, but try not to break any of the clips like I did. There's a fine line between pulling hard enough and breaking stuff. The new one's (Kenwood right?) should come with a bracket with mounting holes that line up with the factory holes. My Infinity's did, but I still had to screw the new speaker into the door panel because it still didn't line up right. So, it may just drop right in, or maybe it won't, I'm not sure about the ones you have.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
06Liberty said:
yeah but read the reviews, you're better off not using them

exactly my thoughts. I was going to get them when I was getting the head unit, then I decided not to. I thought I could find one locally from a local shop or maybe at circuit city/bb kinda stores.

Thanks for the input on pulling/breaking them. I guess the technique is to pull them out straight if possible, just like the darn rear signal lenses!

psinsyd

Reaction score
billforde said:
psinsyd said:
Usually does wonders for resale value.

#-o

I didnt know you could resell a Jeep......or would want to O:)

I know what ya mean. I'm going to end up driving mine until it dies!

8-[