$5000 for 12" is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a great lift if the only thing you want to do is go to the mall and crawl over curbs. There have been so many issues with that lift that I don't think they even stock it anymore. Better to get a JBA 4" or 6" if you want more height, or if you want to throw lots of money at it you could do a solid axle swap in the front.

As King Arthur would say 'Run away, run away...'

Griemster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA shows that lift on there site and "coming soon". Even i had it i would not through that much money at this lift.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I seem to recall a thread about that over on LOST, although after the first couple of pages it got way off-track. But as stated by more knowledgable people in that thread you would still have the inherent weak spot of the D30a front diff in the mix, plus other associated problems. Why Marlon is even thinking about ressurecting it is beyond me (but I'm happy with my puny 2 1/2" lift :) ).

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yeah I seem to recall a thread about that over on LOST, although after the first couple of pages it got way off-track. But as stated by more knowledgable people in that thread you would still have the inherent weak spot of the D30a front diff in the mix, plus other associated problems. Why Marlon is even thinking about ressurecting it is beyond me (but I'm happy with my puny 2 1/2" lift :) ).

What am I resurrecting? :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Need to get some information straight
First that lift was junk, only sold a few and they all had lots of problems the white one pictured was a promotional KJ so never went off road only back and forth off of the trailer. So that lift does not exist anymore
Now to JeepinbyAl , he is working on a kit but although the picture he posted on his site is the cheap junk Rock Krawler he is building one of his own design

and yes as mentioned above you still can only run 33s safely , you only can go 4.10s price is way high for what? Do a SFA if you want to be the tallest/baddest KJ around and be done with it!