5 Moabs from 2004

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
These I just picked up maybe for sale.
I'm thinking of going a different direction as far as wheels goes
WILL NOT SHIP,
pickup in Central Ohio area or can meet within reasonable distance with a couple of bucks thrown in to cover gas
Will post up pictures later but are in great shape
480 for all 5, plus 4 Dayton 265-75-16 tires , ( worn down quite a bit)

SOLD

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Makes me appreciate the deal I got! Not that they're not worth that price, just saying!

Yes there are deals out there for sure
I happened to find these for sale, drove over 95 miles one way to pick them up so I have time and money in them
Now would like to go with a aftermarket set of old style steel wheels , like " real Jeeps" used to have :happy175:
I know of 4 sets that have sold for more so price is not out of line
My old set from my 2004 sold for more than what I have these advertised for a month ago

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Yes there are deals out there for sure
I happened to find these for sale, drove over 95 miles one way to pick them up so I have time and money in them
Now would like to go with a aftermarket set of old style steel wheels , like " real Jeeps" used to have :happy175:
I know of 4 sets that have sold for more so price is not out of line
My old set from my 2004 sold for more than what I have these advertised for a month ago

Yep the market for them seems to fluctuate some I stole mine basically but I did drive 70 miles one way to get them. And they show their 11 years of age too but for the price I didn't care because that allowed me to afford powder coating which is what I wanted anyway. Besides someone should pay more than you're asking just for the wealth of knowledge and information you've provided to this forum and the entire Liberty community.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You sold them at 1am? It wasn't to some guy you met in a bar was it? :icon_lol:

vulturenest

Reaction score
Related question - 2004 KJ Lift & tires

I have a related question, maybe this is the wrong way to do it but I can't figure out how to post a new thread.

Have a 2004 KJ Limited grocery getter, all stock at the moment. Have ordered an all-OME 1.5" lift kit (light springs) and JBA UCA's, will be here in a couple of weeks. Getting a professional to install it, not enough time or location to do it myself.

I'm planning on mild off-roading here in the Colorado Rockies, with something like Mosquito Pass being the maximum (wifely limitations ..). I was originally thinking 2", but not sure if that really gains much vs. aggravation from others about difficulty in getting into the Jeep. OTOH, I also want to upgrade tires some.

So questions:

- Is a 1.5" lift enough to install Rubicon Moab rims with 245/R16-75 tires? Don't want rubbing if possible. Or do I need 2"?
- Or will this tire/rim combo not work even with 2" lift?

Thanks in advance ...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a related question, maybe this is the wrong way to do it but I can't figure out how to post a new thread.

Have a 2004 KJ Limited grocery getter, all stock at the moment. Have ordered an all-OME 1.5" lift kit (light springs) and JBA UCA's, will be here in a couple of weeks. Getting a professional to install it, not enough time or location to do it myself.

I'm planning on mild off-roading here in the Colorado Rockies, with something like Mosquito Pass being the maximum (wifely limitations ..). I was originally thinking 2", but not sure if that really gains much vs. aggravation from others about difficulty in getting into the Jeep. OTOH, I also want to upgrade tires some.

So questions:

- Is a 1.5" lift enough to install Rubicon Moab rims with 245/R16-75 tires? Don't want rubbing if possible. Or do I need 2"?
- Or will this tire/rim combo not work even with 2" lift?

Thanks in advance ...

First welcome
Second, hopefully you got the OME 927 springs if not which ones ?
If the 925s or 926s then you will only get 1.5 inches and won't be enough room for 245-75-16s
You can do a 3/8 inch clevis lift for another 3/4 of an inch in height and a top plate if even more is needed
With Moab since they are 8 inches wide a 255-70 or 265-70 works great since they have 8 inch tread width , plus 265-70 is the same height as the 245-75s

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You sold them at 1am? It wasn't to some guy you met in a bar was it? :icon_lol:

No, well sort of , but if I tell the whole story his wife may find out where exactly it was.....................:shrug::party52:

vulturenest

Reaction score
First welcome
Second, hopefully you got the OME 927 springs if not which ones ?
If the 925s or 926s then you will only get 1.5 inches and won't be enough room for 245-75-16s
You can do a 3/8 inch clevis lift for another 3/4 of an inch in height and a top plate if even more is needed
With Moab since they are 8 inches wide a 255-70 or 265-70 works great since they have 8 inch tread width , plus 265-70 is the same height as the 245-75s

@tommudd, thanks for the response!

Kit is on order but I think with the 925 springs. I was told it would be better road drive and no difference in off-road drive. But I am calling to change to the heavier spring to get the 2" lift.

Will a clevis lift adversely affect the geometry of the suspension (alignment) and highway handling? We do need to keep that ability for around town and when off to the off-road sites.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
@tommudd, thanks for the response!

Kit is on order but I think with the 925 springs. I was told it would be better road drive and no difference in off-road drive. But I am calling to change to the heavier spring to get the 2" lift.

Will a clevis lift adversely affect the geometry of the suspension (alignment) and highway handling? We do need to keep that ability for around town and when off to the off-road sites.

This has been my DD for almost 11 years now , so no with say the OME 927s, and a top plate , you will have 3 inches of lift and no adverse handling etc. Most all of the ones that have been done in my garage were in the 3.5-3.75 range
Mine ( 04 black one on the left ) at 4.5 inches of, lift and DD'd everywhere and anywhere, only thing I owned for 11 years. Now I also have the green 03 with 2.75 inches of lift
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.