4x4 Convertion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A lot of work. It would make more sense to use a Solid axle up front.....if you did do it.

A while back, Tommud was selling most of the parts to do it. Check the for sale section to see if they're still available. :)

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot and I don't think anybody has done it yet, right?
So its unknown if it would work

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
It's not only the 4x4 hardware parts installed (Front end, Xfercase, Axles, Shifter...), but also having the correct electronics and programming on top of that. If you want full and part-time, then you need the other center Diff... It's not a picnic, and as stated, you would be better off selling yours, and using the difference to buy the 4x4, because in the end; your cost to convert it, will probably be the extra few thousand you'll have to anti-up for the trade-up... I got my 06 under 10,500, with 57k miles, 8/80 warranty.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With prices the way they are now you could easily get a good deal on the 4x4 version. I bought my 06 with 21K miles for 11K....and yes that's not a typo.;)

dr_love2112

Reaction score
I bought my 06 libby for 10,500 at carmax and it had 18k on it...a rental car.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not only the 4x4 hardware parts installed (Front end, Xfercase, Axles, Shifter...), but also having the correct electronics and programming on top of that. If you want full and part-time, then you need the other center Diff... It's not a picnic, and as stated, you would be better off selling yours, and using the difference to buy the 4x4, because in the end; your cost to convert it, will probably be the extra few thousand you'll have to anti-up for the trade-up... I got my 06 under 10,500, with 57k miles, 8/80 warranty.

ok guys, so even if u get all the hardware and install it, who can reprogram or flash the computer???

also besides the front dif, front axles, ******, t-case and rear shaft, what else is need it? I see yall mention a x-member why that? isn't the 4x2 and the 4x4 basically the same set-up?

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys, so even if u get all the hardware and install it, who can reprogram or flash the computer???

also besides the front dif, front axles, ******, t-case and rear shaft, what else is need it? I see yall mention a x-member why that? isn't the 4x2 and the 4x4 basically the same set-up?
Dealer only for the programming.