4" Ironman lift how to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So heres how you get extra 3/4" out of your OME or Ironman lift. This is how I made it up to 4"+ lift

The key is the KK pressed steel clevis (which is plenty strong). Its 3/8" longer than the cast KJ/KK clevis.

My wifes setup (before sagged out was at 4" with 1/8" clevis space)

3/8" top plate
Ironman C springs (think OME 927)
1/4" clevis space
KK clevis

So heres the math on that

3/8 top plate= 3/4" lift
Springs = 2.25" lift
1/4" clevis = 1/2" lift
KK Clevis = 3/4" lift

So add that up its 4.25" lift.

Note: OME 927 will give ya 2.5" instead of 2.25".

I never had any problems with Ball joints or CVs maxing out and killing themselves. In fact, it has worked real well. I have put many many miles on this setup. But now going to custom coilovers for $700.

This will allow you over 4" easily and use less clevis lift. Usally without the KK clevis your getting 3.75". I have posted this on the fourm before, but now I know for sure its on here.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No no no.... you are not supposed to make it that easy for me! I see more suspension work for me in the future....

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, is the pressed steel clevis an aftermarket KK part? Or did it come on some KKs? If i grab jba A-arms this spring gonna have to put this clevis in to

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, is the pressed steel clevis an aftermarket KK part? Or did it come on some KKs? If i grab jba A-arms this spring gonna have to put this clevis in to
It will be from 2009+ KKs. I got mine from a 2010.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk