4.10 gears from 4 cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just make sure they are the right ones, look for numbers on the springs, you want 927s for front and 948 for rear
If not you may end up with 925s which only give about an inch of lift

05KJBaj

Reaction score
Just make sure they are the right ones, look for numbers on the springs, you want 927s for front and 948 for rear
Perfect thank you

05KJBaj

Reaction score
So I went back today and they are 927, I also found one liberty with Koni struts, are they good or should I stick with the ome. Also is 200$ a good price for an arb bumper with a little bit of surface rust and a busted blinker glass?

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
So I went back today and they are 927, I also found one liberty with Koni struts, are they good or should I stick with the ome. Also is 200$ a good price for an arb bumper with a little bit of surface rust and a busted blinker glass?

Well, retail on an ARB is in the $1000 range. I’d grab it, given the opportunity.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Go with OME " shocks" , way better than Koni
And grab that ARB bumper, cheap price for sure
Even if it is not the right one for your year you can resell for a profit

05KJBaj

Reaction score
Go with OME " shocks" , way better than Koni
And grab that ARB bumper, cheap price for sure
Even if it is not the right one for your year you can resell for a profit
Thanks i'll do that, also I grabbed some crown bump stops. I checked all my bump stops and I was missing one front one, and the 2 back ones !! So that explains the massive rubbing, after installation I did some testing and there is almost 0 rubbing now, I also did the full flex in the back and the wheel doesn't touch the fender. For the spacers, I cannot remove them, they have been put there so that the wheels I have can fit, you cannot mount them on the stock spoke they are not the right size.

05KJBaj

Reaction score
Hey Tom, I came across an old thread of yours from 2009 when you cut the rear bumper. You had an arb front bumper, looked really good ! Did you paint it yourself ? The one I found in the junkyard is the same model, do I need to put an older grille to make it fit to my 05?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Tom, I came across an old thread of yours from 2009 when you cut the rear bumper. You had an arb front bumper, looked really good ! Did you paint it yourself ? The one I found in the junkyard is the same model, do I need to put an older grille to make it fit to my 05?

If you found an early model ( 02-04 ) lots more to change than just the grill
would have to change grill, radiator support, flares , etc, if not would look really bad

05KJBaj

Reaction score
If you found an early model ( 02-04 ) lots more to change than just the grill
would have to change grill, radiator support, flares , etc, if not would look really bad
Oh okay, sadly the one i found is an early model 02-04. It really looked good on your 04 ! Do you still have it on?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh okay, sadly the one i found is an early model 02-04. It really looked good on your 04 ! Do you still have it on?
No, Had it on for about 8-9 years, it killed many dear, a Toyota Camry and GMC pickup, and hardly a scratch
Then decided to get a new bumper from Rock Lizard for a great deal so sold it ( wish I would of kept it , would love to have another one )
I kept changing things over the years as far as different lifts, ( testing them and upgrading for more lift ) bumpers etc to keep it top of the list
But sold it for 3 times what I paid for it !!!! ;)

05KJBaj

Reaction score
No, Had it on for about 8-9 years, it killed many dear, a Toyota Camry and GMC pickup, and hardly a scratch
Then decided to get a new bumper from Rock Lizard for a great deal so sold it ( wish I would of kept it , would love to have another one )
I kept changing things over the years as far as different lifts, ( testing them and upgrading for more lift ) bumpers etc to keep it top of the list
But sold it for 3 times what I paid for it !!!! ;)
How's it going tom ? Tomorrow I am going to pickup my shocks and springs. Last time I went I only found ome 947 for the rear, are they the same height as 948 ?

Members online

No members online now.