2wd off roading part 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went playing in the dirt today at lunch, and took some pics. Not much, but hey, it's 2wd. That ESP stuff is pretty handy though.
You must be registered for see images

This hill was REALLY steep!! When I got out, I almost fell down the hill. And when the door shut, the Jeep slid about 4 or 5 inches back down the hill. It was fun trying to get back in too!

Then when I got off work I had to clean her up...

Before:

After:

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant see anyone driving 2wd. remember its 1 wheel drive

I would only say that if the Diff is open and no ESP. By that logic, our 4x4's are really only 2wd then, if they dont come w/ lockers? 4x4 is such a complex term these days w/ all the various systems out there, Quadtra-Drive, ESP, Selec-Trac, Mechanical and Electronic LSD's... I really dont know what to call what anymore :D Im think the technology of modern off road vehicle drivetrains have out grown the terminology we are used to (e.g AWD, 4x4, 2WD, 4WD, ect)

But i would think if there is any system for traction built into a car these days it qualifies as more than just 1WD (IMHO). Back axle is the work horse of any off road vehicle no matter the drivetrain, Most trails i go on, i leave it in 4WD fulltime (open diffs, and open tx case, to use legacy terms essentialy AWD not 4WD). I only lock the tx case when i think i need to, to save on wear and tear on vehicle components. Either way the liberty even the one w/ out axles up front is a pretty capable little monster. :D

then theres always the E-Brake lockers if you dont have esp or LSD! :D :D :D

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine compartment is spotless, WOW im impressed at the cleen jeep!

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. As I've said before, I've done my share of "********" off-roading in the Ranger that I had before I got the KJ so I'm not ashamed of my lack of front axles. But, I do still like to play around every now and then just because I can. Even though it's 2wd, it'll get me anywhere I need to go...just maybe not anywhere I want to go. I guess that'll keep me out of trouble. :D

Latest posts

Members online