265/75/r16 maxxis bighorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi, im new to the wheeling world. and to be honest know nothing about the gearing and underworkings of my kj. I recently installed 265/75/r16 maxxis bighorns. and then read a bunch of threads on having to regear to 4.10s or something. what does that involve? and is it damaging not to regear rigth away? any info would help. thanks.

hamrtime

Reaction score
hi, im new to the wheeling world. and to be honest know nothing about the gearing and underworkings of my kj. I recently installed 265/75/r16 maxxis bighorns. and then read a bunch of threads on having to regear to 4.10s or something. what does that involve? and is it damaging not to regear rigth away? any info would help. thanks.

hey man im in FL and really interested in putting 265 75 r16 on my jeep what kind of lift do you have ive got 2.5 daystar fender wheels removed and pinch wield bent over what do you think? the gear is pretty expensive to change for yukon ring and gears 300 a piece front and back have to match if its 4x4 and while your in ther you should do like me and throw some lockers at it bought 2000 to 2500 if you can install your self detriot truetrac rear and eaton e locker up front if you want call me at 8505676235

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey man im in FL and really interested in putting 265 75 r16 on my jeep what kind of lift do you have ive got 2.5 daystar fender wheels removed and pinch wield bent over what do you think? the gear is pretty expensive to change for yukon ring and gears 300 a piece front and back have to match if its 4x4 and while your in ther you should do like me and throw some lockers at it bought 2000 to 2500 if you can install your self detriot truetrac rear and eaton e locker up front if you want call me at 8505676235

#1) This post is from 2009.

#2) Please use punctuation.

#3) Throw away that crap lift before thinking further modifications.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey man I'm in FL and really interested in putting 265-75-16 on my Jeep. What kind of lift do you have? I've got 2.5 Daystar with fenders removed and pinch weld bent over. What do you think? The gear change is pretty expensive, for Yukon ring and gears 300 a piece front and back, have to match if its 4x4. While you're in there you should do like me and throw some lockers at it. I bought ?2000 to 2500 ? if you can install your self Detriot Trutrac in rear and Eaton E locker up front. If you want, call me at 850-567-6235

To run 265-75-16s you need 4 inches of lift ( that real spring lift not spacer lifts) Then no real need to pull out the liners or remove fenders etc. You'll have room if its done right