265/75/16 on DAYSTAR LIFT.. IS IT POSSIBLE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiovtec

Reaction score
Hey vGuys,
I should be getting my 2.5" DAYSTAR spacer lift from UPS in the next week.. I just wanted to know what you guys think about putting on some BFG mud terrains or GOODYEAR MT/R's in 265/75/16. I have a friend that is offering them to me at a great price, but I want to know if I'm gonna have any major problems with rubbing that I won't be albe to solve... Any input you guys can give me would be great help.
(biggthumpup)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a saw and a hammer, all things are possible \:D/ For 265s you'll need to do some major trimming as well as beating down the pinch weld on the backside of the wheel well, but I know lots of folks are running them so it is possible. Good luck and post pics when you get them on!

tiovtec

Reaction score
Thanks!
Sorry for my ignorance, but where would I have to trim? If any of you guys have a picture of trimmed down fenders & beaten down pinch welds that would be great..
any pics of a libby on this size tire???
Thanks again..

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tiovtec said:
Thanks!
Sorry for my ignorance, but where would I have to trim? If any of you guys have a picture of trimmed down fenders & beaten down pinch welds that would be great..
any pics of a libby on this size tire???
Thanks again..
Here you go,my KJ has 265/75 MT/R's on it.Before the front ARB I had to cut the whole area where the fog lights went to clear as well as beating down the pinch welds(sorry no pics of that).As you can see I'm not running any rear flares,I keep ripping them off when full flexing the rear suspension,so I just left them off.Also I'm running closer to 4" of lift then 2 1/2".
  • You must be registered for see images

tiovtec

Reaction score
Looks REALLY nice! I think im gonna get the lift on to see what the clearances are... I see you do have a lot more than a 2 1/2" lift.