265-70-16?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 235/70/16's on mine with stock suspension.. no rubbing now, but they used to rub on the fender in reverse basically every time so I'd avoid turning the wheel sharp just because of people faces when they heard it lol
Stock tires are 215/75/16, and had 225/75/16's when I bought it..
But I could never imagine trying to stick 265 anything into my wheelwells. Especially being that my 235s rubbed at one point.. for about a year lol

235-70-16s was an optional size, my 04 came with the 235-70s

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You'll know next go around to get what you want and worry about needing to make small adjustments later
That's what I do all the time with my KJ- get what people tell you not to :happy175:

You've done a good job of that !:happy175:
Not my route but as long as you are happy

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do some on the wheelwells of course I cut all of the rubbing parts off when I trimmed my bumper, and beat the pinch welds over

So basically 265s requires trimmed or ARB bumper ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 265/70/16's and didn't touch the bumper. It rubs a bit, but not enough for me to worry about.

I'm also lifted 2.5ish inches, bent the pinch over, and added weld to the steering stops due to rubbing the frame rails.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 265/70/16's and didn't touch the bumper. It rubs a bit, but not enough for me to worry about.

I'm also lifted 2.5ish inches, bent the pinch over, and added weld to the steering stops due to rubbing the frame rails.

Never did anything to the steering stops on any lifted here or any of mine
When off road and flexing mine hit lower part of the liners pretty good at certain times
But then my front flexes out way more than most so could of been part of it

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, I try.. although most things I've done haven't been overly ridiculous just some minor tweaks I wanted personally :happy175:
But to mindbomb- a heat gun will become one of your best friends when it comes to any rubbing
You can form the fender liner any way you'd like with one of those and not worry about rubbing at all
But being that we have the same lift height I'm sure you'd be fine going up to around 31"

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265/70/17s on mine, pinch wield gone, plastic inner fender trimmed. Only place I rub is on sway bar at full steer. I will be adding 1 inch spacers just for added clearance.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, I try.. although most things I've done haven't been overly ridiculous just some minor tweaks I wanted personally :happy175:
But to mindbomb- a heat gun will become one of your best friends when it comes to any rubbing
You can form the fender liner any way you'd like with one of those and not worry about rubbing at all
But being that we have the same lift height I'm sure you'd be fine going up to around 31"

For sure.. too late now 245s already mounted. Maybe next tire set if KJ survives that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Medic's with 265-70-16s and 2.5 ? inch Daystar
Mine with 2.5 inch JBA coilover and 265-70-16s

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are 17s not 16s. I'm not trying to have a ******* contest or anything but it's working just fine.

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is fine on the trails

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine are 17s not 16s. I'm not trying to have a ******* contest or anything but it's working just fine.

Thats right
wasn't starting a ******* contest Jeez people any more

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had this jeep 3 months. I've put alot into it. Lift, tires, all new brakes and rotors, new ball joints, new upper control arms, hitch, that's just some I've got done in a very short time. No problems with power, yes mpg went down some. Yes there is still more to come. If for some reason these tires don't work out I'll go buy new ones. But I've went from this to that.

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you know alot about these jeeps, sometimes somethings just work. I hope this is my case. You have an awesome setup just as well. Jeep Wave

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You look VERY close in the rear front part of the fender and also front on both sides- so not sure where the "plenty of room" comes into play here
Spacers will more than likely cause them to rub since you only have 2.5" of lift unless your tires aren't that tall, you may clear the sway bar but then you'll be rubbing the fenders
Also being a Daystar you're going to sag fairly quick so you'll be rubbing shortly even without spacers
What all has been done to it? Besides the Daystar, looks like just slightly more aggressive tires (not being a dick just asking what upgrades you've done) and the other things listed above

I don't remember what I read about the physical differences on being 4wd and 2wd but looks like you added the "Trail Rated" badge so do you have a 2wd?