245 65 17 fit on stock height ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gary lew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having issues with my tire depot regarding my order on 235 65 17 tires, theres a back order of 6 weeks on A/T tires, will 245 65 17 yoko geolanders fit without rubbing etc on stock height.

Regards Gary

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean when it comes to shopping for 235/65-17 tires in an A/T design. All but non-existant, then expensive when you do find them. I ran Toyo Open Contry A/Ts in that size, and was quite happy with everything except how long they lasted. I only got about 40K miles out of the 50K tires...

As for your question, the 245/65-17 size is only about 1/2" taller, and less than that wider. Unless your springs have sagged a great deal, I would think you would be fine.

Most tire shops will mount them up for you and you can take them for a spin in the parking lot to see if you have any rubbing issues.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had rubbing when I was at stock height with the 245s. I don't recommend it but you can do it.

jackskellington0524

Reaction score
Just registered so I can say this the middle number is the height of the tire if you go from 235 to 245 the tire gets wider not taller so whoever said the tire is a half an inch taller is wrong the tire is wider 65 is the height

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just registered so I can say this the middle number is the height of the tire if you go from 235 to 245 the tire gets wider not taller so whoever said the tire is a half an inch taller is wrong the tire is wider 65 is the height
WRONG sorry ,
but glad you signed up
235-65-17 is 8.2 inches wide , and 29 inches tall
245-65-17 is 8.5 inches wide and 29.5 inches tall
First number is height and the second is section width

PLUS it has been over 6-7 years since any of the above have even been on here

jackskellington0524

Reaction score
Not going to argue my dad works at a tire warehouse he wouldn't answer the phone when I was trying to buy some tires I just wanted to see if these would fit and I thought it was funny it's witdh hight radius now if you get a lot more with it will get a little bigger because the middle number is the percentage technically so if you have more Tire you have to have more percentage I know it don't make sense it's not technically inches the middle number is percent of sidewall compared to the rest of the tire tell the tires bigger 60% is bigger but if you buy the same first number and get a bigger S number you'll just have more sidewall the tire won't get wire he'll get a little taller if you get wider because the percentage stays the same number but the tires bigger so there's more percent

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not going to argue my dad works at a tire warehouse he wouldn't answer the phone when I was trying to buy some tires I just wanted to see if these would fit and I thought it was funny it's witdh hight radius now if you get a lot more with it will get a little bigger because the middle number is the percentage technically so if you have more Tire you have to have more percentage I know it don't make sense it's not technically inches the middle number is percent of sidewall compared to the rest of the tire tell the tires bigger 60% is bigger but if you buy the same first number and get a bigger S number you'll just have more sidewall the tire won't get wire he'll get a little taller if you get wider because the percentage stays the same number but the tires bigger so there's more percent
Having worked in tire shops for several years, even managing tire shops for Goodyear, BFG etc I have heard the same thing as well over the years people arguing
I've been around tires long enough that I was selling tires when radials first came out, I know my sizes
Correct in a way
but LOL off

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tell you what I tell customers
get on TIRE RACK and punch in the numbers/ sizes, then hit specs and READ !

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont bother arguing bud you're right first number is width second is height but 245/65/17 will be a bit taller than a 235/65/17..there is a guy on here that runs that tire on stock height so you might be alright

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont bother arguing bud you're right first number is width second is height but 245/65/17 will be a bit taller than a 235/65/17..there is a guy on here that runs that tire on stock height so you might be alright
Yes I ran that size on the 05 before I installed the 925/947s LOL

Latest posts

Members online