235/76-16 Toyo Open Country A/T Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I've had my 235/75-16 Toyo Open Country A/T's on for about 100 miles. I've had them in dry and rain (mostly rain). So far I am very happy.

They don't ride mushy at all, however, they just feel smooth. They are extremely quiet.

I have a small lift on and my Grabber AT2's in 245/70 rubbed on the sway bar. I wanted to go with a slightly different size, so I went skinner and taller in the 235/75 - these are 29.9" diameter.

I do think I am getting a little rubbing on the front behind the bumper. I attached some pics (the last two). These have the wheels turned to be at the closest point to the wheel well liner. So, this is as close as they'll get.

What I liked about these is they were a little taller, they don't need much (if any) clearance work, and they are the same 32 lbs that the 235/70 SRA's were that came on it.

I do think the 245's looked a little meatier (these look thin in my opinion), but they may grow on me a bit. Also, no way to run Moabs on these - 235 are too skinny. I'll be sticking with the stock rim.

They have a decent rim guard, but nothing special. The Grabbers had a deep rim guard, I really liked that about them.

I'll update more as I get some miles on them, but here's some pics. Ignore the filthy KJ - this is the first non-rainy day we've had in like 5 days.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good. I like the amount of lift....maybe I'll do that sometime. Good choice on keeping the blackwalls out. :)

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 285/75's on my Tahoe and have liked them so far. They do well on dry, in rain, and not too shabby in heavy mud. Get some wet grass though and they don't do so well. I guess with wheel spin, you can clean the mud out and keep going, but with grass, nothing for htem to grip to. That's my only complaint, and that I may only get 30K or so out out of them, but then I am running an 7000# pig.

Members online

No members online now.