235/65R17 Best Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm starting to second guess the Destination AT....maybe Cooper ATR....

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For the KJ at least....I wish the Dura Trac came in this size, that's the exact type I want.....

Time for 16" rims I guess...

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A year ago I would have told you to go with the 236/65/17 TOYO Open Country. They have been great tires, but I didn't get the wear out of them I expected.

They are supposed to be 50K tires, but they sure are looking thin at between 35-40K, and I've only had them 2 years.

Other than that I still love the 265/75/16 set on my full size Dodge, but then the tread was probaly about twice as deep to begin with.

The other problem was that the 17"s set of 4 cost me $150 more than the same exact tire (only larger) in a 16" for my Dodge, and I bought the Dodge set only 2-3 months later from the same tire store. Alot more rubber on the 16"... Go figure...

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
lso just to get up the driveway, which is not that steep, I have to often use 4wd. when there is a little snow or ice. These tires are only a year old. Does the Jeep just have too much power for such a small vehicle? Thanks for any of your ideas or advice!

I've had that on packed snow also, I don't think there is much weight in the back, have spun trying to get up a small incline from a stop, not as bad as it was with the st's on it, but still does it on packed snow and ice, but that is what the other lever is for.:D

keith22

Reaction score
I have these 235/65R17 tires.

but they dont fit the current rims on my jeep liberty sport 2002...

what should i do to find the right wheels that will work for these tires. referral fee to anyone who can connect me to some inxpensive wheels.. :)

thanks