2015 jeep Cherokee?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilSnipa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2002 jeep liberty is in the shop after being hit about a week ago. The rental car they gave me is a 2015 jeep Cherokee. I'm really shocked on how it rides, really rough on bumps and dips. My 02 liberty out rides it easy. It has very nice interior,everything is digital witch I don't like too much. Looks nice but overall not very impressed. I know this post is kinda useless, just my thoughts on the 2015.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What trim package? I hear the TrailHawks are a whole 'nother animal.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Renegade trail hawk came with us on a rock run last week, was super impressed, with the right spotter and an occasional well placed rock it kept up with us on the rocks with no rock rash!

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard from a few people that the new Jeep Cherokee is junk. I think that jeep needs to bring back the liberty and make it even better then it was.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I am not too sure about the new Cherokee doing any harsh off road stuff.
They really are more car like.
55915[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

The Kj's are good cause of the aftermarket support for lifted suspension,skids etc..
Would I buy a new Cherokee and want to risk damaging it off road in stock form?
Not for me.

Attachments

• KJ%20and%20Cherokee.jpg
    KJ%20and%20Cherokee.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 0

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care for the look of the new Cherokee really.
Not impressed with its ground clearance either. I'm surprised how low our commander is at that. Sure it's taller in some respects but it's the first jeep I've owned I need to lift up to change the oil.
Didn't any jeep model sold use to have to pass a test on a trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember some claim about the trail tested too. Maybe some of the experts out there will chime in about that. My current KJ is my first Jeep. I never knew what I was missing.

Everytime I see one of those new Renegades I have to take a second look and make sure it isn't a Kia Soul or Nissan Cube.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new renegade is just a fiat 500 and has no rite to be called a jeep. Also the new Cherokee and the renegade will never be able to be lifted, well they could be but it will cost a small fortune to do so.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The ground clearance was reduced after 2002 on KJ's after a roll over, during a magazine performance & handling test fail.
+The stock Jeep springs do sag/bag out, thus the need for lifting & getting the Kj to ride well again, and be usable off road, with skids.
I see so many sad Kj's where owners are so past due, you cant even get 2 fingers between tire & fender here. (mine was like that)
Since we cant throw on 35" tires, better lift it, if you want to go off road!
The trail rated badge...
55917[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Some owners really need to ask which one am I...:icon_lol: :gr_grin:

Attachments

• trailormallrated.jpg
    trailormallrated.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 0

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it was the rubicon trail that every jeep model oem stock had to successfully get through, at least until the late 90's. I'm assuming the early 2000 models wrangler, grand Cherokee and KJ all passed this test too. I wouldn't bet on the commander making it. No with out lift, transfer case might do, but a low would be nice.

Remember when I first saw a trail rated badge, I though all jeeps were and it was a cheap marketing ploy. The new crop of "mall rated" jeeps (great term) seem to prove it was the direction the company was heading. Can't say they didn't do their research too many jeep never get their paws muddy :)

The new renegade I thought it was a Kia at first. Heard the transmission on those are junk.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw Monroe makes a sock with a coil called sensa-track load leveler, they have them for XJ and GC and commanders.
Fixed the sag in the XJ. May actually sit higher now.

Might help a few KJ owners if they make them.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard from a few people that the new Jeep Cherokee is junk. I think that jeep needs to bring back the liberty and make it even better then it was.

Despite Consumer Reports bragging about it, they have more issues than I care to have for a vehicle. From the Transmission, U-Connect and so on. Its quality is just not par and what deterred me from considering one. Chryslers 8 and 9 speed transmissions have too many issues and they're constantly updating the software on them every two months.