2014 Jeep Cherokee Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh?

Aztek?

Sorry, don't see it.

that's because you're blinded by your employment.

I don't know what you do for jeep, but I'd say that the whole lot of you guys need some serious counseling, and some of you are beyond help.

That thing is a pile.

Last edited:

07 liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually the more I look at it the more I am liking it. Fitted with a pentastar and 9 speed automatic and 4wd could make it a fun vehicle to drive. Not sure how much you could modify as far as tires or lifts though

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also if you don't have anything nice about it shut up please there is already enough hate in this damm world thank you

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also if you don't have anything nice about it shut up please there is already enough hate in this damm world thank you

lol.

if you have anything positive to say about this thing, you should probably be the one zipping your lips. don't want to embarass yourself with your girlish taste.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol.

if you have anything positive to say about this thing, you should probably be the one zipping your lips. don't want to embarass yourself with your girlish taste.

My girlish taste has bought some nice trucks. So just another unnecessary comment.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy guys, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

At first I didn't like it. But I see where Jeep is going with this, being forced by CAFE to improve fuel economy across the board within the brand. The engineers made it more aerodynamic, and it gets 31mpg highway, but still retained some off-road ability. Not exactly what we would like to see as a replacement but in reality most people don't go off-road. I would like to actually see one/drive one.

There is also the GC with it's configurations and still some off-road ability, and the srt8 for speed. Then there's the JK for serious off-road ability. So Jeep has something for all the Jeep buying public.

Personally, my next Jeep will be a JK.

I hope they sell the new Cherokee faster than they can make them because Jeep and the Wrangler will still be alive.

Just some thoughts here.

Dave

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy guys, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

At first I didn't like it. But I see where Jeep is going with this, being forced by CAFE to improve fuel economy across the board within the brand. The engineers made it more aerodynamic, and it gets 31mpg highway, but still retained some off-road ability. Not exactly what we would like to see as a replacement but in reality most people don't go off-road. I would like to actually see one/drive one.

There is also the GC with it's configurations and still some off-road ability, and the srt8 for speed. Then there's the JK for serious off-road ability. So Jeep has something for all the Jeep buying public.

Personally, my next Jeep will be a JK.

I hope they sell the new Cherokee faster than they can make them because Jeep and the Wrangler will still be alive.

Just some thoughts here.

Dave

my point exactly i watched the raw video of it off road and on road on the Chrysler Group Media Website and it has a lot going for it

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
my point exactly i watched the raw video of it off road and on road on the Chrysler Group Media Website and it has a lot going for it

Yeah, I read where the Trailhawk version has a locking rear diff.

Dave

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is from lost

tommudd said:
Lets see
4 wheel drive
low range
optional rear locker
ugly front end
3 out of 4 good points
I say its a win
They'll change the front in a year or two anyways
Its going to be great competition against several others

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The simple fact is that 99% of the people that buy "Liberty-type" SUVs never take them wheeling.
And 99% of off-road enthusiasts won't buy a "Liberty-type" SUV.

Next time you are driving around, see how many KJs, KKs, or XJs are on the road, most only use 4wd when the snow gets deep, and how many times a year is that? Most owners probably couldn't even point to the trnasfer case if you asked them. And frankly, if that is the majority of customers, a Subaru will do just as well.

This is not putting anyone, or anything down. Or praising or bashing the new Cherokee.
It's just the way it is.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The simple fact is that 99% of the people that buy "Liberty-type" SUVs never take them wheeling.
And 99% of off-road enthusiasts won't buy a "Liberty-type" SUV.

Next time you are driving around, see how many KJs, KKs, or XJs are on the road, most only use 4wd when the snow gets deep, and how many times a year is that? Most owners probably couldn't even point to the trnasfer case if you asked them. And frankly, if that is the majority of customers, a Subaru will do just as well.

This is not putting anyone, or anything down. Or praising or bashing the new Cherokee.
It's just the way it is.

im one of these people, i would love to take my jeep to offroading but i live in an urban area in new york so there isnt much except when it snow. maybe in the summer i will look for light trails that are relatively close to me

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care if jeep makes this ugly looking pile. I care that they name it "Cherokee". They should have continued it as 3rd gen liberty....not like the liberties have ever lived up to the 17 years that the cherokee was produced, for the simple fact that they're a totally different animal. they're already independent, and they were built for similar purposes.

They are naming it "Cherokee" for the simple fact that they are hoping the name will sell it, because the looks won't.