2011 roof rail removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kxrider580

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2011 Liberty and I wanted to put ski racks on it. The rails that are on it right now are the stock rails that don't have the capability to attach anything to them. I was looking at the rocky road roof rails to replace them but first I have to figure out how to remove the old ones. The rails that are on there right now are the ones that are one piece and lay flush with the roof for the entire length of the rails. Does any one have any idea how to remove theses?

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain on the outer edge where the rail meets the roof you can pull off and un-do it there.

kxrider580

Reaction score
I've tried to pull them off but they seem to be stuck. It feels like they are screwed in almost. The plastic is weak so I feel if i pulled any harder that the t would break them.

By saying you cant attach anything to them i mean you cant put a cross bar on them.

kxrider580

Reaction score
They are screwed down. But you have to remove the plastic to get to it

Does the plastic just pop right off? Thats what I am struggling with is that I'm trying to just pop the plastic off but it is stuck to something and I cant tell what it is.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
Please post a picture of your rails.
On a KK there are 2 styles.
You must be registered for see images attach

My 08's style. The plastic on the end pulls up to get to nuts. The other style is not raised. I'd try heat gun/ hair dryer. Then I'd see if it has nuts. Since mine are nutzerts through the roof, yours might be too.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked for mopar cross bars? Im sure you can mount cross bars to it but most likely only mopar ones. Gotta love razor and blade marketing.