2011 Jeep Liberty Sport Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all. I am picking up a 2011 jeep liberty sport for the winter but I would like to do a little work.... suggestions?

Performance chip
Small lift kit
Intake
Header
Exhaust

Cosmetics I plan to get
black nerf bars
Bull bar (one I can add super bright lights to)

This vehicle will be used to go off road in upper Michigan frequently through snow rain mud small creeks etc.

Was curious what parts you guys would recommend and what you may add for what I plan to do. Thanks tons guys and very nice to meet you!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi.
No to
Bull bar unless its only for a light holder.
And no nerf bars get some side rails. JCR a Michigan company and makes the.
Are you UP or LP?

Last edited:

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up by Marquette. I'm always out fishing and camping and stuff. Yea I just want to install some great lights on the front to light as much as possible up while playing on trails.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm by Cadillac.
Family use to go to UP and Marquette a lot when I was young. When my Uncle owned a gas station.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I love it here. Just need a vehicle that can do what I need it to do reliably in the conditions. I don't want a crazy lift, just a couple inches.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have skids. To me they're more important than a lift. An all terrain or more aggressive tire and sliders plus the lights you want and call it good. If money's not a issue do a lift. I don't think they are really needed but I have, one JBA 2 inch lift. I disliked, the stock look .

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all. I am picking up a 2011 jeep liberty sport for the winter but I would like to do a little work.... suggestions?

Performance chip
Small lift kit
Intake
Header
Exhaust

Cosmetics I plan to get
black nerf bars
Bull bar (one I can add super bright lights to)

This vehicle will be used to go off road in upper Michigan frequently through snow rain mud small creeks etc.

Was curious what parts you guys would recommend and what you may add for what I plan to do. Thanks tons guys and very nice to meet you!

Small lift=check out JeepinByAl
Intake= not much can be done
Header= none available
Exhaust= can improve sound by removing the resonator and installing a Magnaflow etc keeping the stock pipe
Bullbar= Bodyshops love them. Other ways to mount lights than getting one of those PLUS when you have them there is no where to mount tow hooks
Nerf bars as mentioned are worthless and will bend easily

As Cherrie skids first, tow hooks, good rockrails like Rock Lizard , JCRs are OK not as strong

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with Cherrie and Tom. Skids and hooks first and then go from there to suit your needs.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feed back. Last question, this is the wheel tire look and stance I want, anyone know what setup that is and if it looks lifted
You must be registered for see images attach

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know but I like it. I've never really cared for the KK body style, but that one is sharp. From the decal on the windsheild, I'd venture to say it has a Rock Krawler lift on it.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's got a little bit of a lift. Here is my 2012 KK with the Tommud econo 3.5" lift from JBA and I am still in the process of getting wheels and tires similar to the ones in the Photo of yours

You must be registered for see images attach

briando

Reaction score
i would ditch the lift, but, bare with me, maybe add hydrolics so if you want it for off roading you're set then. that way your jeep doesn't always look like its on stilts

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
i would ditch the lift, but, bare with me, maybe add hydrolics so if you want it for off roading you're set then. that way your jeep doesn't always look like its on stilts

:happy175: ... Oh that's a good one :happy175:

You've got to be kidding! .... right? :happy175:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
He should get rid of those wheels, too - they look tired.

:superhack:

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatsup guys! Can't thank you enough for the responses. Did some homework and here is what's going on!

Stock wheel size is only 6.5" wide. I can fit 8.5" without having to touch suspension & I believe a 55 tire size. So I will be on that this week. What's the best priced but more importantly functional all terrain tire among you all?

Orderd a K&N typhoon intake and magnaflow exhaust. Friend owns a shop so I have motovicity cost. So price was right for the two.

What is the most used chip among you and where can I order?

I want black step bars, where can I order those jbs? Believe those were the go to? What about skids as well? Sorry for so many questions. PC is broken and my phone is only form of web access.

Lastly I have what looks like projection fogs but no ability to turn them on. What do I need to make them function? Thanks ahead!