2010 liberty stutters sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmaje72

Reaction score
We bought my wife a used low mileage 2010 liberty last year and all has been well until now. She put about 18K on it last year and recently it has started doing something a little strange and I experienced it for the first time yesterday.

We went on a little road trip about 3 hours round trip. On the way back home a couple times it would start to stutter like the engine or ****** would cut out for just a second a few times in a row. It didn't seem like it was missing (I know what that feels like because we already replace one coil earlier in the year). I tried to make it happen again and it seems to happen mostly under light acceleration under load (going up a small hill). I got it to do it once more then it was fine for the rest of the trip.

No CEL or codes. I am wondering if this is just the ****** hunting for the right gear or if anyone else has experienced this. I did go to check the ****** fluid level but to my surprise there is no dipstick!
I tried searching on google and here a little but didnt come up with anything.