2008 Patriot electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 jeeps

Reaction score
Looking to get a direction in solving this issue. Granddaughters 2008 Patriot has an issue, I am told, that when the right turn signal is turned on this will make the dome light come on. I know pretty odd.
The other day they said the wipers and turn signals were not working. Snowing, cold of course, our son her father found the battery cable at the positive side of battery was badly corroded. He removed, cleaned reinstalled and all seemed okay.
Not sure of this right turn and dome light problem was going on before the battery terminal cleaning?
Any direction on this dome lamp turn signal problem?
Thanks

2 jeeps

Reaction score
I wanted to give some feedback on this topic that I posted a short time back. I think it is solved. The odd turn signal and dome light problems appears to have been solved by replacing the turn signal assembly.
I did some internet searching and found some similar symptoms were solved by replacing this assembly. There are a few you tubes on this install which helped.
I think I did see there was a factory bulletin on this problem but did not pursue finding.
A word of caution there are more than one turn signal/stalk assembly. Has to do with options, fog lamps and others.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. Electrical gremlins can be frustrating as heck.

Latest posts

Members online