2008 Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xenaliberty

Reaction score
Ok so I've been looking everywhere for the pocket fender flates for my 2008 liberty but I'm coming to the conclusion I just can't change them, am I right or am I just looking in the wrong places? Thanks in advance!

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh....if you remove the stockers you will be greeted with a not-very-pretty sight...would be an expensive and time-consuming process to fab something up unless you live in a machine shop and have all day to play...I've seen some 'trimmed' stockers but nothing has really looked that good IMHO...

Am I correct in reckoning you are in pursuit of clearance for larger tires ? That is a whole 'nother can 'o' worms with KJs...suggest you read the Lift/Tires/Wheels sections thoroughly and consult Forum member tommudd...he knows what works and what is just plain silly/expensive....good luck !

Last edited:

xenaliberty

Reaction score
eh....if you remove the stockers you will be greeted with a not-very-pretty sight...would be an expensive and time-consuming process to fab something up unless you live in a machine shop and have all day to play...I've seen some 'trimmed' stockers but nothing has really looked that good IMHO...

Am I correct in reckoning you are in pursuit of clearance for larger tires ? That is a whole 'nother can 'o' worms with KJs...suggest you read the Lift/Tires/Wheels sections thoroughly and consult Forum member tommudd...he knows what works and what is just plain silly/expensive....good luck !

Yea that's what I was worried about I saw a few pictures of some and the front only go down half way so it just looks totally unfinished. Thats a bummer but onto the next customization lol thanks!

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am former lifted CJ and XJ owner and I had to relearn what I thought I knew when I got this KJ...I really love the thing but unless you have mad fab skills and mucho dinero it's best to run what is proven to work and bolts-on with little drama...

JeepinByAl http://jeepinbyal.com/ and the Frankenlift people http://www.boulderbars.com/frankenlift.htm are your friends....

Last edited:

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a friend who has an injection mold machine .. he said if *I* make up the templates he'd give it a whirl...but this is for the kj heheh im gonna mock up some in the spring on mine made out of old vinyl siding and see what i can do

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
i have a friend who has an injection mold machine .. he said if *I* make up the templates he'd give it a whirl...but this is for the kj heheh im gonna mock up some in the spring on mine made out of old vinyl siding and see what i can do

If you succeed you will have a lot of people knocking at your door. Best of luck! :favorites13:

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you succeed you will have a lot of people knocking at your door. Best of luck! :favorites13:

Yes, again ftaa what part of Canada you from? I thought maybe your screen name might be a hint but ...........

FTAA - What does FTAA stand for?

:shrug:

Bert

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it not a hard proce to make the template... jut heat up ome regular vinyl iding ... then you can form the bend out of it ... then heat a bit more you can manipulate the hape anyway you want... i've been a tin wacker in the aluminum area for a while now... i am prolly gonna be able to fab omething up .

p.s eem now my "s" doent work now.. fmkb

Members online