2006 sport qustion about fuel induction.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBassman

Reaction score
Hello, been awhile since I posted a questions. But I took my liberty to have the blower moter recall done, and they gave me a paper that said the serpentine belt needs to be changed for $206 and the "inpected air clearner element, throttle body carboned up ful induction needs replacement at $200.00 (not counting labor).

What is this throttle body thing, how do I check it to ensure it is not just a dirty filter (which needs to be changed any how).

thanks in advance for the help.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, been awhile since I posted a questions. But I took my liberty to have the blower moter recall done, and they gave me a paper that said the serpentine belt needs to be changed for $206 and the "inpected air clearner element, throttle body carboned up ful induction needs replacement at $200.00 (not counting labor).

What is this throttle body thing, how do I check it to ensure it is not just a dirty filter (which needs to be changed any how).

Just run some Seafoam through it. You'll find a lengthy post on here if you search for Seafoam.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Sounds to me that the stealership is up to their tricks again-Drumming up business weather the service work is warranted or not!
Remember, this IS why dealerships are in business for. To suck money out of your pocket.
As far as the intake air filter ellement, you can replace that in 2 minutes with a replacement ellement from your local auto parts store for cheaper than what the stealership will charge.
Last service we took our KJ to the dealer they tried to tell me that the filter need changing.
My reply was Oh really, heres the receipt for one I just installed 2 days ago.
Oh, I forgot to mention... The same jerk that told me I needed a new one sold me the last one those "Two days ago"
Bunch of cheating dick heads.

Last edited: