2005 won't start??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so this is pretty vague, but my friend just informed me that his parents' '05 GC won't start. It has around 56k miles on it with the manumatic transmission, and I've not been given any additional details at the moment. I don't know yet if they tried to jump it or not, but it is currently being towed either to their house or a garage. Has anyone else had trouble with something similar happening around this mileage in the '05s? I'll update as soon as I hear more =]

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
original battery? - about time for it to die - and on Jeep's the voltage has to be right to turn on the computer - you can actually crank the engine and not have the computer on and it won't start - or if you Jump it - it won't stay on.

02KJAuto>Man

Reaction score
Yes, that's me, I am the friend.

So, here is the deal. All of what she said above is true, but there is a tad bit more to it then that. Recently my parents (It's their Jeep, mine is a KJ, :)) had to have it's remote car starter serviced. It worked for a while and then well, we had to lend it to my inept sister as her car WOULDN'T START. Now, not one day after lending it to her, it won't start. I don't know the exact state of it (i.e. cranks but won't turn, etc.), but given her track record, I'll bet it is just the curse of my damn sister. I let her drive my KJ, and, what do you know? The first time it EVER got stuck. In all honesty though, I hope it IS just a remote-starter problem. I LOVED that Jeep. It made me buy mine. :'( Oh well. Mine is still good, so I'm good!