2005 Liberty Silver Door Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim.sewell

Reaction score
Hello,

First off, what a great place for Liberty info! :) Before I bought my 2005 Renegade, I test drove quite a few Liberty models. One was a 2003 Limited edition with the Silver/Chrome interior door handles, locks, and lock "surrounds". I really liked this look, and was wondering the following:

1) Did anything change parts-wise on the interior door handles from 2003 to 2005? I currently have the gray handles, and would love to change these out for the silver/chrome ones.

2) Does anyone know the cost/part number for the silver/chrome handles? I've tried all three parts stores in the FAQ, but none of them show a part number for that particular part.

Thanks in advance for any help! :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see those handles on ebay all the time. I wonder if they stick on the door handles by 3M tape?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

First off, what a great place for Liberty info! :) Before I bought my 2005 Renegade, I test drove quite a few Liberty models. One was a 2003 Limited edition with the Silver/Chrome interior door handles, locks, and lock "surrounds". I really liked this look, and was wondering the following:

1) Did anything change parts-wise on the interior door handles from 2003 to 2005? I currently have the gray handles, and would love to change these out for the silver/chrome ones.

2) Does anyone know the cost/part number for the silver/chrome handles? I've tried all three parts stores in the FAQ, but none of them show a part number for that particular part.

Thanks in advance for any help! :D
I believe to get the satin aluminum inside door handles and lock shafts you'll need the whole inner door panel trim,kinda pricy(about $400+ per)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, the handles are totally new handles.

Welcome to jeepkj!

And Im sorry but I dont know a $$ or anything.

phil make chime in and know though.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The entire handle housing, bezel, and switchplate (door lock area) is welded to the door. Unless you go with a 3M tape method you can't remove the entire housing and install a new one. I just got some new door trim panels with the Chrome style effects:

You must be registered for see images

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a part number and price on those phil?

Part number is specific to your vehicle type (Limited, Sport, package, etc...). You can find the sticker on the top left part of the door, behind the pad which would tell you the build date/time and also the customer part #.

Price? Not sure. I work for the auto supplier who built the doors. So I just grabbed some 04 black doors and had them put on the chrome stuff. Right through the normal production line. Of course this was after they had finished out the KJ line. We did not get the 08 contract so we don't build the doors anymore. :(

tim.sewell

Reaction score
Ah well, there went that idea. Thanks for the great information though! :)

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part number is specific to your vehicle type (Limited, Sport, package, etc...). You can find the sticker on the top left part of the door, behind the pad which would tell you the build date/time and also the customer part #.

Price? Not sure. I work for the auto supplier who built the doors. So I just grabbed some 04 black doors and had them put on the chrome stuff. Right through the normal production line. Of course this was after they had finished out the KJ line. We did not get the 08 contract so we don't build the doors anymore. :(

Did the contract stay in the US at least?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phil.....those are awesome looking in black with the chrome handels. Did you install them yet?

Dave

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phil.....those are awesome looking in black with the chrome handels. Did you install them yet?

Dave

Yes they are installed. I want to find a matching shifter knob (not that I have a manual or anything but it would be cool).

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online