2005 KJ Cherokke shift delay problem at first start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

can

Reaction score
Dear All,

I have shift delay problem at the first start every morning..
could you please share with your experiences about the possible reasons to fix this problem??
thanks,

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be initially a tad low on ATF+4 fluid. Add some. I let jeep warm for 3 minutes, in neutral.
Keep in mind that it takes some driving to warm the fluid up.
On level ground after driving for 20 minutes, apply hand brake & check fluid level in neutral, it should be just above the full line.

can

Reaction score
thanks for your comment.. I have checked the fluid level it is ok, no problem.. I have replaced the transmission fluid, samp filter and also cooler return filter 1 monts ago.. may be it is related with this operation ( ı suspect sump filter o ring or cooler return filter montage problem ) it seems the oil drains to the pan if the vehicle stops 10-12 hours...

JibeHo22

Reaction score
Please elaborate on "cooler return filter montage problem". Never heard of that one.

budget76

Reaction score
Are we leaking fluid? Look AGAIN to rule this out. Check level AGAIN, it never hurts. If you changed the tran pan (you did not say you did), the newer pan may be deeper and require more MM on tran dip stick to be at same level. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Members online