2005 Jeep liberty 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My liberty is drinking oil. Has 125K miles on it. Does anyone have an idea where the oil is going? There is no antifreeze in the oil. No oil on the ground.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Check PCV to make sure it is not plugged up, & keep oil topped up to full line.
How much oil is it consuming?
Could be the valve stem seals, are you smelling any oil smoke out the tailpipe in the mornings after sitting all night?

Danny_Hurst

Reaction score
My 05 was using a quart every 300 miles, I replaced the PVC valve and now it a quart every 1200 miles, it smokes alittle after sitting a couple of days, so I'm sure the guides are junk.
I found that what oil you use makes a big difference. I use Mobil one full synthetic now 10w30.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My liberty is drinking oil. Has 125K miles on it. Does anyone have an idea where the oil is going? There is no antifreeze in the oil. No oil on the ground.

More info needed
Did you buy it new ?
How often are oil changes done?
Ever do a compression check?
What oil and filters do you use?
If you did not buy it new then did you get all maintenance paper work from new ?
How often do you change the PCV ?
Have someone follow you, many times one can be burning oil but you do not notice it from drivers seat, have them look for smoking etc out of tail pipe.
125,000 is very low mileage to be having issues

Latest posts

Members online