2005 Jeep KJ starting / turn signal issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wv05jeepkj

Reaction score
I have a 2005 3.7L v6 Jeep Liberty Limited with two issues.

When I go to start my Jeep, it will sometimes start then sometimes not. It always starts in the morning but randomly won't throughout the day. When it doesn't start, it won't even crank or attempt to turn over. All my lights and everything still turn on, my battery is brand new. I have searched around for similar issues and it does not appear to be the steering column actuator pin as I installed a push start button on my 12v wire and starter wire and when I turn the key to ignition 1 and 2 and hit that it will start in the morning but still not usually otherwise except for several hours. Sometimes playing with my gear shifter helps remedy this.

Second issue, my left front turn signal does not work. When I lock the car, all the bulbs flash and work fine. However when I turn left or just have my parking lights on, the left turn signal is non functioning. Is this possibly the hazard switch or a fuse or relay? Is there anyway I can diagnose these problems individually?

Thanks!
Mike

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
You can try to swap relay's around or bypass the stater relay: https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/wont-turn-over.75327/
Turn signal lights, First clean the contact inside the socket, I used fine emery cloth & a new bulb, see if that helps.
Otherwise it could also be ground issue or the turn signal stalk playing games.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the turn signal stalk ie. Multifunction Switch.

If both front left and rear left fail when using the turn stalk then the Multifunction Switch is the most likely culprit or the wiring going between it and the Hazard Flasher;)

You can download the Service Manuals for your year Jeep here....Section 8W has the wiring diagrams.:)

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
My turn signal did that so I added a ground wire from the turn signal ground wire to the chassis. Did both sides and forgot to hook them back up after I took the front off and put it back together. One step forward; two steps back.