2005 crd thermostat upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Synthetic-oils

Reaction score
Check out my Feb 7, 2020 post #57 on the "Exasperated KJ owner!....." thread. I posted drawings for modifying the oem thermostat housing to accept normal thermostats. There's lathework and welding involved.

Turbo-diesel-freak's thermostat is the best way to go. If you have one ordered it'll eventually show up. I thought mine wasn't ever going to show but it did.

Last edited:

Synthetic-oils

Reaction score
That is what I'm doing. What did you do with yours? I need one to scan and make a CAD file.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I believe I took it apart and tossed it in a box. I have another on my parts jeep to work on but it's keeping the engine buttoned up and a low priority so, project comfortably stalled. I'll take a look around for it.

The drawings and writeup came from a member on LOST. I claim no credit for the good work involved.

Synthetic-oils

Reaction score
I believe I took it apart and tossed it in a box. I have another on my parts jeep to work on but it's keeping the engine buttoned up and a low priority so, project comfortably stalled. I'll take a look around for it.

The drawings and writeup came from a member on LOST. I claim no credit for the good work involved.
Cool. Thanks

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Found it, want it?

What I did was cut the crimped area off and smooth the surfaces with a file. The two halves seal with an o-ring and have internal clocking tabs.

Mine never made heat at idle. The viscous heater is useless. I've installed TurboDieselFreak's thermostat but I haven't fired my jeep up in over a decade due to health, disinterest, and higher priorities. More mods to do before it hits the road but I'm expecting real heat when it does.

Synthetic-oils

Reaction score
Sure. Haven't used this forum much and guess I'm having a senior moment as I haven't figured out how to PM you.

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
Can find the Mopar in France for 300 euros ...or the crown at 142 euros.

seems OK for 2005 and 2006

One guy sold copies in UK for low prices:

from Riga,

I have ordered the Riga one sold by an italian company distributor... world business LOL
I prefer to have one in advance...

;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online