2004 Limited 3.7L overheating at idle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen to me before too. :rolleyes: Glad you got it sorted out.

Sierra3895

Reaction score
Did you ever get it fixed? I am having the same problem with my jeep! Everyone is stumped on what it could be and I can't afford to just guess around!!

captkirk66

Reaction score
Mine's doing the same exact thing,so I'm following your posting closely ! I'am really interested in the outcome,mine is a 03 renagade that just started doing what you discribe almost to the letter ! My yellow engine light came on for one day,then went out the next day,confusing to say the least .! ! What would Capt. Kirk Do ?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huge thanks to everyone that replied, but I got the problem resolved.

It would seem that I missed the important step of firing up the jeep with the rad cap off and then firing up the heater to pull in the coolant from the other part of the reservoir. I likely had a trapped air bubble.

Once I did that, it hasn't overheated since and it's back to its usual self where the needle is firmly stuck on the center mark when at operating temp.

Thanks again to all!

Kris

You two should read more thoroughly :emotions34:

Members online