2004 Liberty Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilton

Reaction score
Been stalking this forum for a few years now and figured I should start posting and try to give back for all the great info. My Liberty has been a work in progress for quite a few years but I'm getting closer to my final goal. I'll figure out how to post photos if any of you are interested.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The rear was more work than I thought but it was $50 JK bumper on OfferUp and the perfect width. I decided to leave the front outer corners on until I have the time to finish it.
That is quite the bumper. Which brand is it, and how fabricating did you have to do to get it to mount up.

wilton

Reaction score
That is quite the bumper. Which brand is it, and how fabricating did you have to do to get it to mount up.
From the info on the add and a little searching, I believe it's an EAG bumper for an 07-18 JK sold on Amazon. It looks like the attached picture but the guy didn't have the tire carrier for it. Didn't matter much to me since I had the move the pivot to the drivers side to match the door swing. As for mounting, I cut the brackets on the bumper down, cut the trailer hitch cross bar out and raised it to the level where the bumper would be. I cut off the stock trailer hitch mount off the cross bar since the bumper already has one. Plated the driver's side and ran additional support to carry the weight of the tire carrier. I made some cardboard templates for how I wanted the sides to finish up to the body and cut up filler pieces from an old WJ ARB bumper and welded it all up. In all I ended up with a lot less overhang and added departure angle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128-054928.png
    Screenshot_20231128-054928.png
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

wilton

Reaction score
Very nice! Having the same vintage KJ just wondering which lift kit you have?
Up front I have OME 927's and Bilstein. In the rear I changed out the OME & Bilstein and currently running a shortened WJ Metal Cloak springs and 10" Fox shocks. The rear was too soft and bottoming out even at mild speeds.

I have a JK D30 with an ARB & 4.88, Fox coilovers and front link kit ready to go in. I want to finish some of the current projects going on this right now and get the frame plated before I SAS. After the final front ride height is figured out, I'll long arm the rear. And then there's a 241J that needs to be installed once the long arm is done so I'll only need to have a driveshaft made once. It'll never end but it keeps me out of trouble.