2004 liberty spare tire mounting bracket issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my spare tire bracket only has 1 bolt holding the spaew tire on the back of the truck is there a way to replace the studs that are not there or do i have to get a new nounting bracket.it is a 2004 liberty 4x4 ,if i need a new mounting bracket which years will fit it im woundering.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
my spare tire bracket only has 1 bolt holding the spaew tire on the back of the truck is there a way to replace the studs that are not there or do i have to get a new nounting bracket.it is a 2004 liberty 4x4 ,if i need a new mounting bracket which years will fit it im woundering.

Do you mean the bolts that go into the door ?
If so those bolts just screw out like any normal bolt does
Are they broke off or just missing.
Little more info and also pictures would help a lot.
As far as the bracket all the same from 02-07

musky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all i can see is the is 1 stud with a lug holding the spare on the bracket i think i should have 3 lugs holding the spare tire on but there is no more studs to screw a wheel lug on to.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
all i can see is the is 1 stud with a lug holding the spare on the bracket i think i should have 3 lugs holding the spare tire on but there is no more studs to screw a wheel lug on to.

So is it the wheel or the bracket that holds the spare