2004 kj ready to explore the world

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue04kj

Reaction score
hello fellow jeep enthusiasts :icon_biggrin:

I now own a 2004 jeep liberty kj and am looking to the community for guidance and advice for my future adventures and what i should do to my new kj. I am a youngen i am 18 and ready to get out in the world and am still naive to jeep modding and will seek advice from my fellow kj lovers.

Have a nice day

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Good luck! When I was 18 all I knew about cars had to do with bicycles.

Keep up with the small stuff; it helps keep the bad stuff away.

JimsRadJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy!
The best advice i've ever heard with modding 4WD's is to start with the gear that will enhance what you want most out of the car.
So often you see people go straight for lift kits and front bars etc when the 4WD is already capable enough to do most of what they want to do with it. Maybe quality lighting, or a tyre upgrade, maybe decent camping equipment is what will make your trips away more fun.
What suits one person might not be the mod which enhances your four wheel driving the most.
I know for me quality camping gear, tyres, recovery gear and lighting are the best upgrades for me at this stage. Nothing wrong with my suspension. My nudge bar can hold a lightbar and CD ariel... Replacing them is a big expense for minimal gain compared to other options.
Take your time and decide what upgrades will make the most difference to you.
Fun times ahead!

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy!
The best advice i've ever heard with modding 4WD's is to start with the gear that will enhance what you want most out of the car.
So often you see people go straight for lift kits and front bars etc when the 4WD is already capable enough to do most of what they want to do with it. Maybe quality lighting, or a tyre upgrade, maybe decent camping equipment is what will make your trips away more fun.
What suits one person might not be the mod which enhances your four wheel driving the most.
I know for me quality camping gear, tyres, recovery gear and lighting are the best upgrades for me at this stage. Nothing wrong with my suspension. My nudge bar can hold a lightbar and CD ariel... Replacing them is a big expense for minimal gain compared to other options.
Take your time and decide what upgrades will make the most difference to you.
Fun times ahead!

Excellent advice - and well stated!

Couldn't agree more :waytogo:

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll second that. Had I waited for the lift to do the other stuff I would have missed out on three years when I could have been enjoying the Jeep more than I would have had it remained stock. I'd have loved to have lifted it sooner, but I'd have a hard time rationalizing spending money on the other things if I had spent that money right off the bat.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! There are tons of mods out there, just look and see which mods suit you best. One that I know all liberties should have is a oil pressure gauge as well as a voltage gauge.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You have gotten some sound advice. Now just a word of wisdom be safe. Any plans you have for the jeep will go down the hole if you arent safe. Take care of the jeep general maintenance is key with these things. Fill out your sig helps everybody help you in the future.