2004 jeep liberty subwoofer and amp???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got an '04 liberty renegade. im looking into 2 12'' subs and an amp. where is the best place to mount these? anybody else done this?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have two 12's in mine. I just put the box in the back, but it basically takes up the whole area. This is what it looks like. If you're worried about cargo space, I've seen someone who built a custom enclosure into the tailgate that looked pretty nice. It's not possible to put any subs in the rear panels. There isn't enough room. I know some people have installed their amp under one of the seats also. But unfortunately not a lot of options for having 2 12's that I've seen.

Attachments

• DSCN1876.jpg
    DSCN1876.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 103

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What subs do you plan on running? As if you want some space you may not need 2...
I use to run a pair of 12s in my XJ, but sold them with the Jeep. When I got my KJ I wanted more room and went with a single 12" square Hifonics Atlas, plenty of power (1500W max) in a ported box and a kicker 300.1 mounted under the seat, all ran with 4G wiring. Granted my amp is extremly underpowered I tend to run it at about 50% before my ears rattle and nose tingles.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 jlw3's that also take up my whole cargo area. I've got a quick disconnect so if I need to use my suv as an suv I can take them out. Right now they are out for moving. I think if I were to do it again I would have just gotten one really good 12" and saved at least 1/2 my cargo room.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wcnzmw

UC3Caveman

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but I have 2 Type-R 12"s in a Sound Ordnance enclosure, from Crutchfield. I don't have a photo, but it fits perfectly behind the 60 side of the split bench. This allows me to still easily fold down the 40 side fit larger objects. My amp is mounted on the rear gate so when I need more room, I only need to unplug the leads to the subs themselves to remove them.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at a Youtube vid on tailgate replacement. I am going to make a fiberglass enclosure similar in shape to the plastic panel on the tailgate. I think the shape and area should yield enough space for one 12" woofer. I am going to go with either a 10" or a 12" once I figure the airspace. But the plastic panel stands out from the metal tailgate a good 6" or more. Since the glass does not roll into the tailgate some of the space (cavity) in the metal tailgate can be used. In beginning stages of figuring out how I am going to do it.
End goal is to just add more bass so my door speakers will not have to carry the base load. Plan to just use 1 woofer fed by a PPI (old school) amp and probably use a X-over and Epicenter.. Not looking for SPL just low end fill to a factory setup. And as much stealth as possible.. And without loosing cargo space..

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run 1 kicker square sub with the amp mounted to the back of the box. this way i can keep most of the space in the cargo area and still pound some music

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a JL micro sub 8". Hits like crazy and I can remove it if needed. Otherwise it takes up almost no space. Amp installed under back seat.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at a Youtube vid on tailgate replacement. I am going to make a fiberglass enclosure similar in shape to the plastic panel on the tailgate. I think the shape and area should yield enough space for one 12" woofer. I am going to go with either a 10" or a 12" once I figure the airspace. But the plastic panel stands out from the metal tailgate a good 6" or more. Since the glass does not roll into the tailgate some of the space (cavity) in the metal tailgate can be used. In beginning stages of figuring out how I am going to do it.
End goal is to just add more bass so my door speakers will not have to carry the base load. Plan to just use 1 woofer fed by a PPI (old school) amp and probably use a X-over and Epicenter.. Not looking for SPL just low end fill to a factory setup. And as much stealth as possible.. And without loosing cargo space..

Let me know how this goes. Been wanting a similar set up, I just have no experience with wiring sound. I also want as much space as possible, was even brainstorming about putting a 8" sub "in" the 40 section of the seat or maybe one in each? What was the link for the youtube video?