2003 Renegade Drops RPM's and vibrates violently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navupmyself

Reaction score
As I'm accelerating up, once I get to 40 my RPM's drops down to 1.3K and the rear passenger wheel starts to vibrate pretty badly and loudly all the way up to 50. I'm guessing its a problems with the transmission since if I just accelerate fast enough to keep it in 3rd (?) all the way up to 3K RPM until I hit 55 I don't experience anything.

Anyone have any similar problems or solutions?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you know its the right rear passenger ?
What all have you checked ?
Is the u-joints good, lower control arms ?
Little more information

navupmyself

Reaction score
How do you know its the right rear passenger ?
What all have you checked ?
Is the u-joints good, lower control arms ?
Little more information

I hear it coming directly from there, I'll check it all tomorrow.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I'm accelerating up, once I get to 40 my RPM's drops down to 1.3K and the rear passenger wheel starts to vibrate pretty badly and loudly all the way up to 50. I'm guessing its a problems with the transmission since if I just accelerate fast enough to keep it in 3rd (?) all the way up to 3K RPM until I hit 55 I don't experience anything.

Anyone have any similar problems or solutions?

Does it sound/feel like you are going over a rumble strip, like on the side of road?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems anything that could go awry in the trans that could cause that should be throwing a fault code. Have you checked for any DTC's, irregardless if an MIL came on or not?