2003 Liberty tire question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCoxson2003KJ

Reaction score
I am sure you all have delt with this question many times, but being new to the fourm, I will ask again. I have a 2003 Liberty Sport and have 235 70 16's on it now. I would like to go bigger and meaner, but only have stock suspension. What can I go with and not have any rubbing issues? Your help and patience is appriciated.
Dave

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without any kind of lift - and with the stock suspension sagged - you shouldn't go any bigger than 245/70-16's. Otherwise you'll be rubbing at nearly every bump.

Bob

DCoxson2003KJ

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response Bob, I will look into getting that size. Lets say the ones I have on now make driving "interesting" in the Ohio snow...lol

DCoxson2003KJ

Reaction score
I'm not sure yet. My cousin owns a garage and has an arrengment with a guy who deals with "take off" tires. Last set I got still had the little rubber hairs on them and I paid $65 for each. Sad to say I am at the mercy of his stock.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would pay a little more and get some good tires take offs are the factory ones that are cheap at best and they are take offs due to most not wanting to run them!!
For our weather in Ohio get some good tires and be done

DCoxson2003KJ

Reaction score
Well my problem is I am recently seperated and paying out more in bills and child support than I am bringing in so cheap is the only way for me to go for now.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
235 70 16 actually gave me some minor rubbing at full lock when the tires were new. Of course, I'm also running Cragar soft 8 wheels, which have a different backspacing then stock, so that's probably where it came from.

Members online

No members online now.