2003 2.8 crd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

old youth

Reaction score
Hi, my Liberty/Cherokee (in the uk) is an 03 with the VM Motori 2.8 16 valve engine. I am struggling to find a workshop manual for it.
My engine has the EGR valve on top of the exhaust manifold and not under the intake manifold like the later version. Can anyone help with info on where I might find a workshop manual or at least relavent information on it.
Thanks in advance.
Les

Henna69

Reaction score
+1 I would also love one of those!

Also struggling to find.

Do you want to disable your EGR?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, my Liberty/Cherokee (in the uk) is an 03 with the VM Motori 2.8 16 valve engine. I am struggling to find a workshop manual for it.
My engine has the EGR valve on top of the exhaust manifold and not under the intake manifold like the later version. Can anyone help with info on where I might find a workshop manual or at least relavent information on it.
Thanks in advance.
Les

Download the 2003 KJ Service Manual here...includes circuit diagrams.

But first you should download the 2.5_2.8 Export diesel section....covers everything about the Export CRD engines we have...in great detail. The 2003 Service manual covers other common things like brakes, suspension etc.

The EGR valve on our CRDs is not monitored....there is a vacuum solenoid located near the air-filter...has a small plastic air filter dangling down from it, two wires connected and two small rubber hoses. To disable the EGR you need to pull off one of the small rubber hoses from the plastic nipple it is attached to on the solenoid (use the outer hose), screw in a small self-tapping screw into the exposed nipple, replace the hose over the screw head to hide it.

This stops the EGR from operating....hopefully yours is not stuck open!.

The ECM will not post any codes unless you pull the wires off of the solenoid.

This is valid for all the early Export CRDs with fixed vane turbos..the later 2005 onwards models work the same as the USA models.

Here are the downloads: Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Last edited: