2002 Rear Upper spring isolators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my KJ lift in today. I stopped by the Jeep dealer to pick up 4 of these as was recommended in the Group Buy thread, but they said they are special order only.

Wondering if anyone would be willing to stop by their friendly (or not so friendly... depending on where you live) Jeep dealer to pick up 4 of them for me.

I could send you the $ via Paypal and would only ask that you send them USPS and if they're very heavy a Flat Rate Priority Mail box would be the preferred method.

Thanks in advance if someone can help.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A word of caution, some guys that used 2 upper rear isolators on each side experienced drive line vibrations and had to take one out of each side.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Any advice is welcome. So, should I just do one on each side? Also, how much trouble would it be to go "back in" after I install if I think that extra little bit of lift would help? Is is worth it to do the lift first and go back to put the isolators and the 2" condiut lock nuts in like in that other thread?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the lift on and see if you are happy with the amount of lift and look of the Jeep. What lift did you get? If you got the Rustys spring lift, go ahead and put two conduit nuts under the clevis and check for upper balljoint contact. If you want more lift in the rear, then you can worry about getting some extra spring isolators.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Any advice is welcome. So, should I just do one on each side? Also, how much trouble would it be to go "back in" after I install if I think that extra little bit of lift would help? Is is worth it to do the lift first and go back to put the isolators and the 2" condiut lock nuts in like in that other thread?

What kit did you order?
If it's a Rusty's coil lift, by all means do the conduit nuts at the time of the lift. The rear is a piece of cake, so you can add the isolators anytime during or later.

A 2" - 2.5" bump stop mounted to the spring perch in the center of the coil would also be a plus for stuffing the rear tires.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's the Rusty's that I got from the group buy. I picked up the OME rear shocks and the front strut plates. Debating whether to put the strut plates in the first go around even though I'm not putting on a HD bumper now.

Whaddya think?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's the Rusty's that I got from the group buy. I picked up the OME rear shocks and the front strut plates. Debating whether to put the strut plates in the first go around even though I'm not putting on a HD bumper now.

Whaddya think?

Go ahead and use the 1/4" strut plate spacers to level the front end since you have them, they just sit on top of the strut plate, and you won't have to do the clevis lift.