2002 Oil pressure switch/sensor replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trevithick

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this group. I bout qn 02 jeep liberty renegade, 3.7L almost a year ago...I got everything all places I looked at to get tools, have the deep socket for the oil pressure switch, tried to take it off while doing an oil change, the socket is too small for the one that is currently on the jeep. Can't figure out how to get it off.. the new one will fit perfectly into the socket.. I could use some help and guidance please!!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
Would only recommend a Mopar oil pressure switch # 5149097AA
What size socket are you using? This video suggests its' a 27mm..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Trevithick

Reaction score
I bought both a 27mm deep socket, and the oil pressure switch socket that was designed to fit around the connector. I did finally get it off. Ended up going to a friend's house who had alot more tools, it required a 28mm deep socket. The new one fits perfectly in the one designed for the switches. The old one had the pointed ends on the nut, not rounded like the new switch. It solved alot of my issues. But still have to wait for new head gaskets to come in. Got oil in cylinder 6 spark plug hole.