2002 lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outofideas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rides nice!
Got the toe and camber close but caster off both sides. Tracks ok but need to get alignment set right. Otherwise it rides good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outofideas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of the work done
You must be registered for see images attach

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And which ranchos are you running? Links to order? How do these compare to OME?

I'm not sure on JBA's website as far as the top plate/iso as in it says order 2 for a set, i.e., do I need to order 2 as the qty or are they sold in pairs - set being 4?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Outofideas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And which ranchos are you running? Links to order? How do these compare to OME?

I'm not sure on JBA's website as far as the top plate/iso as in it says order 2 for a set, i.e., do I need to order 2 as the qty or are they sold in pairs - set being 4?

I ordered the shocks through shock warehouse.com. Same ranchos as in my 1st post here. ( can't scroll back up on my phone) rears are for '02 4x4 Dakota. Quick service although never got tracking numbers and called them saying they were out of stock but being shipped direct from rancho and I got the same day. They were cheaper than even my dealer cost if I ordered through my local napa store we buy from.
All else through JBA- top plate come as a pair, ordered 4 but only used 2 rear isolators. Tereflex stops went in easy with a little white grease on top and pushed in with a pry bar.

Outofideas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of hockey pucks, I used a rubber mallet cut in half with 1/4 20 x3" carriage bolts in the rear. People look at you funny in NW georgia when looking for Ice hockey pucks in June :). I used a 2 lb harbor freight mallet - made the jeep smell like ass inside for a few days until I did the lift. Couldn't figure out the smell until I cut the mallet in half and smelled the cheap rubber!

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of hockey pucks, I used a rubber mallet cut in half with 1/4 20 x3" carriage bolts in the rear. People look at you funny in NW georgia when looking for Ice hockey pucks in June :). I used a 2 lb harbor freight mallet - made the jeep smell like ass inside for a few days until I did the lift. Couldn't figure out the smell until I cut the mallet in half and smelled the cheap rubber!

grats on your lift and the mallet is a nice choice. Bet you it went faster on your lift then I did crawling around my floor the first time.

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
based on the reviews i've read it seems that the ranchos aren't as durable as the OME/bilsteins and further that the bilsteins have problems with the bushings - so I'm thinking it may be worth the extra $100 for the OME - what do you guys think? I don't want to have to replace my suspension for another 100k miles

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran Ranchos ( RSX LINE) fro 100,000 miles on the first lift, second lift now has over 50,000 and no issues
I have installed about 6or 7 sets of Bilsteins with no issues and also another 5 or 6 sets of OMEs again no issues
You can read a lot of nonsense on some forums from people who have had one issue but it seems that every shock is junk
Choose wisely, OME and Bilstein ride almost the same
Only time I would use OMEs for sure would be on CRDs since they seem to work better
Just my 2 cents

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OutOfIdeas, would you mind sharing the links where you purchased these items?

Latest posts

Members online