2002 liberty rear control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlocascio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a liberty with 210,000 miles and original upper and lower control arms. Both are shot. Upper is badly rusted. Ordered Moog problem solvers for lower and a MEVOTECH CMS25156 for upper. No lift on vehicle and no off roading. I have seen on this site that some recommend filling the holes in the lower control arm bushings with windshield urethane. Would this be good to do on the upper control arm bushings to extend the life?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a liberty with 210,000 miles and original upper and lower control arms. Both are shot. Upper is badly rusted. Ordered Moog problem solvers for lower and a MEVOTECH CMS25156 for upper. No lift on vehicle and no off roading. I have seen on this site that some recommend filling the holes in the lower control arm bushings with windshield urethane. Would this be good to do on the upper control arm bushings to extend the life?

Never heard of doing that for bushings. Doesn't sound necessary at all.

nlocascio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah on the forums, allot of people had issues with the bushings with the cutouts failing. The urethane was meant to strengthen and keep it flexible at the same time. Was wondering what the outcome was of this and if i should do this to help tighten everything up

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah on the forums, allot of people had issues with the bushings with the cutouts failing. The urethane was meant to strengthen and keep it flexible at the same time. Was wondering what the outcome was of this and if i should do this to help tighten everything up

" FEW " had issues
I never did and ask any one who has rode with me, I put them to the test at each stop.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had issues at 150k miles or so. Course I also had them replaced from the recall. The Moog replacements were cheap enough and have been running true for some time now.

nlocascio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Was more concerned about the upper one. And sorry i meant they had issues with the bushings getting loose not tearing. But i think I'll be fine with nothing extra put into the bushings. Like i said no lift, all stock. Maybe they don't hold up well when off-roading.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OE bushings and control arms have lasted 15 years and 210,000 miles... don't try to fix what ain't broke. They worked for that long and if you replace with OE parts or comparable quality, you can expect the same life out of them again.