2002 Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benglish23

Reaction score
How reliable would a 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport be with 120,000 miles on it? How much longer would it last? any answers would be fantastic

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How reliable would a 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport be with 120,000 miles on it? How much longer would it last? any answers would be fantastic

mine has 153k on it and she runs great ! just make sure u do matenece and oil on it when it is due and you shouldn't be left on the road side !
Sorry about misspelling hard to type with a cast on .

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
120k...easy, if the oil has been changed routinely. Young for a KJ too, if you keep up on maintenance.

(welcome) to the forum as well!

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a crystal-ball-type question. It depends on alot of things, one being maintenance history.

Midgear

Reaction score
I purchased mine with 113k on the odometer, it now has 134k miles, I've had it since 9-11-09........

it all depends on how it was taken care of for that first 120k, if it was treated like shit, it'll probly dissapoint you.. but if it was taken care of, you should have any problems out of it.

I've had to replace several bushings, passenger side CV axle, front drive shaft, rear upper control arm, and the outer tie rods (my inner tie rods need to be replaced now too..) but all that comes with the age of the vehicle. I take care of mine and it doesn't give me any shit hump.gif

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is at 140k right now. Very strict on service schedule. So far, we've replaced radiator, inner tie rods, window regulator, oil sensor and seatbelt latch. It currently has a mysterious random "check airbag light" and decided to break a blend door in the dash. It's served well up until this point, but I don't think I'd buy a high mileage one. That's just me.

Last edited:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Bought mine with 120,000 or so got 196,000 or better on it now.I baby it probably more than I should.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my '02 with 87k on her and she's now at 130k and still running strong. Ditto on the regular maintenance to keep her running good. Only problems you might find are minor electrical issues that are easy to fix (or maybe my KJ is just infested with gremlins...)

Either way, they're good little Jeeps =]

zachs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got an 02 liberty with 106k on it. other than an issue I caused (broke the transfer switch cable)... its in excellent condition.

jcbll95

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
157k on mine and x2 on previous maintance. Bought mine with 125k on it very little maintance preformed by previous owner that have caused a few problems, nothing major but preventable by maintance.