2 EVICS available: a 2002 WJ and a 2003 WJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

resipsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***UPDATE AS OF MAY 13, 2011: The 2002 EVIC and pigtail are SOLD***

I installed an EVIC in my 03 KJ about three years ago, and for reasons I don't recall, I bought multiple (actually 3) units on eBay. The two I didn't use have been sitting in my garage, collecting dust. The 2002 (56042749AF) has Homelink, and the 2003 (56042849AH) has Homelink AND sunroof controls.

Unfortunately, I only have ONE pigtail available (which may partially explain why I bought extras). I can attach the pigtail to whichever unit is spoken for first. Here are the prices I'd like to get:

SOLD: 2002 (Homelink, no sunroof): $45 with pigtail

AVAILABLE: 2003 (Homelink, with sunroof): $35 WITHOUT a pigtail

Shipping is $10.50 with USPS Priority Mail; PayPal is the preferred payment method.

You must be registered for see images attach

2002:

2003:

Last edited:

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it will work on an '06 (trying to search and make sure) I'll take the 02 without sunroof with the pigtail as long as the lens isn't scratched up (looks like it may be in the picture). you can pm me with your paypal or email me at my username @gmail.com

Last edited:

jetturbine

Reaction score
Jeep Evic

Is the 56042749AF for a 2002 Grand Cherokee still avialable? Your post said the AF does not have sunroof but my AF does, can you verify the sunroof button if the unit is still available? Maybe you can post a picture of th AF's front side.

Felix

resipsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AF is still available, but it DOES NOT have a sunroof switch. Both the front and back sides of both units are pictured above. Look at the top photo. The AF is the unit on the right. See how the unit on the left has a gray module and black-taped-wrapped pigtail near the bottom? That's the sunroof switch. That space is empty on the AF model.

I believe that the difference between your AF and this AF can be explained by the fact that the sunroof and the EVIC are two different things. The EVIC is actually the computer module, and that's what the 56042749AF refers to. It's the housing that's different. The EVIC is simply screwed into the housing, so I guess it would be possible to buy both units and swap the EVICS. You could then resell the AH in the housing with no sunroof switch. Make sense? (That way you would also get the benefit of the EVIC pigtail.)

I could sell you both units for $70, plus $5 for shipping.

Is the 56042749AF for a 2002 Grand Cherokee still avialable? Your post said the AF does not have sunroof but my AF does, can you verify the sunroof button if the unit is still available? Maybe you can post a picture of th AF's front side.

Felix