2.4?

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by sideshowant, Jan 25, 2007.

1. sideshowant

sideshowant Full Access Member

no doubt i can't wait. hey what does that type 43 thing in the speedometer mean?

2. cowdogg

cowdogg Full Access Member

PM me, if you total it. \:D/

Another good thing is you don't have the roofrails. Or do you? (Aeh)

3. sideshowant

yeah i have the roof racks. i don't mind though cause i can mount my snowboard when i go ride. so whats the deal with these gears? why are they so good?

4. tulsa

tulsa Full Access Member

Look for the owners manual behind the dash grab bar if you haven't already. The 2005 2.4 with 6 speed gets better fuel economy than any other 4x4 Liberty. If it hat ESP I would consider getting one for my daughter.
    Lewis

5. sideshowant

ESP?

6. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

7. sideshowant

cool, thanks for the link.

8. Marty

Marty Full Access Member

yeah but ya gotta wonder if towing a motorcyle is much different than having three passengers and a load of gear?

9. roadrunner

roadrunner Full Access Member

My son has the 2.4. He likes it fine -- has had no problems. I've driven it also and like the way it runs and handles. Only difference -- not quite as fast or throaty sounding. I would have no issues with having one.

You are rated to tow 2000#. Your gas mileage is (according to the EPA) 2MPG better than if you were driving the 3.6L, 6-speed.

Those engines are used in other DC products so you should have no problem if you need parts. The only major difference is that you will have a timing belt replacement -- check your manual when you get it.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

10. sideshowant

thanks for the info guys. more than likely i'm not going to be towing my motorcycle. i haven't yet. i don't even own a trailer. i was just wondering in case i ever needed to. but that's a good point with having the liberty full of gear and people if that would be any different from towing a motorcycle. i play drums in a band, and even though i haven't had any gigs since i purchased the liberty you can bet that all of my drums including hardware will be in the back along with a passenger or two. i'm sure it's going to handle great even with a few hundred pounds if weight in it.

11. sideshowant

thanks for the info guys. more than likely i'm not going to be towing my motorcycle. i haven't yet. i don't even own a trailer. i was just wondering in case i ever needed to. but that's a good point with having the liberty full of gear and people if that would be any different from towing a motorcycle. i play drums in a band, and even though i haven't had any gigs since i purchased the liberty you can bet that all of my drums including hardware will be in the back along with a passenger or two. i'm sure it's going to handle great even with a few hundred pounds if weight in it.