2-1/2" lift w/ 265/75R16's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjhkahunna

Reaction score
What can I do to compensate for the speedometer difference between 215's (Stock on my '02) and the tires I'm getting Saturday. (265/75R16).
I've installed a Rusty's 2-1/2" lift. Is there anything else I should be concerned about. I've got an '02 Sport. From what I've read, They should fit. Any comments?

FL RENNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got 265/75/16's on mine. Theres not a whole lot of difference from 0mph-about 35 mph. When you see 40 you are actually at like 42mph. ANd then anything up to about 60 mph you are actually going 5 mph faster. I passed a radar that shows your speed on the highway the other day. My KJ said I was going 65...the radar on the side of the road said 72mph......

I have heard the dealer charges $20...but every dealer i went to said they would have to adjust EVERYTHING...and it would be $89 buks. I can add and subtract 5mph just fine lol....so i'll keep my $89