15k ques..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just reading in my manual the easiest way to drain the rear diff fluid is through the filler plug hole with a suction pump. No need to open the diff cover at all.
Which totally defeats the whole purpose of changing the fluid,you need to pull the cover to let all the metal particals out and just sucking it out does not do this thus keeping the metal particals(which will occur in the diff,normal) in the diff and can cause harm to bearings and shortening there life.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which totally defeats the whole purpose of changing the fluid,you need to pull the cover to let all the metal particals out and just sucking it out does not do this thus keeping the metal particals(which will occur in the diff,normal) in the diff and can cause harm to bearings and shortening there life.

yeah, it would be better to open it up for reasons above. I was thinking small metal shavings would get sucked out, like it does through a drain plug, but large ones maybe not so much. I think i will change my diff and ****** fluids tomorrow - way overdue. I'll pay a shop to do the transmission flush though.