12inch LCD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a 12in LCD in the back a few weeks ago.
You must be registered for see images attach

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run into any problems with the sunroof, or does it not require intense drilling into the roof?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought i was going to have problems with the sunroof, till i actually started cutting into the liner. Turns out there was a metal over hang, that i was able to mount to with little problem. I had to bolted a 1 inch thick block of wood to it (the over hang wasnt wide enough), then mounted the screen to the block. I may take things apart, and take a few pictures, since i need to secure the wires because the current keeps banging the plastic case while i am driving, very annoying.

zkahn

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack here but I noticed your center dash and I'm really intrigued with what you got going on there. Can you explain?? Is that a carputer I see.....Just looking at the pictures I'm starting to geek out here.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zkahn said:
I don't want to hijack here but I noticed your center dash and I'm really intrigued with what you got going on there. Can you explain?? Is that a carputer I see.....Just looking at the pictures I'm starting to geek out here.

Yes that is a carputer (home grown). Check out my site for more info http://www.inmyhappyplace.com/jeep/.

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice billforde =D> as I said in another thread I enjoy seeing your updates.

(...and Gremlins \:D/ good choice)

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice set of mods. Where's the monitor for your rear view camera?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
hey bill, u should really come out to the next meet and greet or something...love to pick ur brain, and see ur mods up close....

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marty said:
Nice set of mods. Where's the monitor for your rear view camera?
I feed the camera image into the computer. So the image comes up on the screen up front. If you check my site, there is a section that has images directly from my camera(s). Check the Tracking section.

rdsnshyn

Reaction score
Billforde,

I just purchased a screen tonight. Where did you tie your power into, and where where did you run your cables? Aslo is there anything I should beaware of? Thanks in advance.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rdsnshyn said:
Billforde,

I just purchased a screen tonight. Where did you tie your power into, and where where did you run your cables? Aslo is there anything I should beaware of? Thanks in advance.
Well i have a battery in the back that i ran my power to, but in your case I would get an add-a-circuit and run the power to the fuse box. The hardest thing is running the wires without removing the headliner. Do you have the factory sun roof?

rdsnshyn

Reaction score
No sunroof. I have heard that makes it harder. I have done many radio installs but never had to add to the fuse box, could you offer any insite to that and with the Add a circuit would that come on and off when the keys are turned? I will also get some pictures up as soon as i get the screen and get it installed.

Thanks,
Jeff

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rdsnshyn said:
No sunroof. I have heard that makes it harder. I have done many radio installs but never had to add to the fuse box, could you offer any insite to that and with the Add a circuit would that come on and off when the keys are turned? I will also get some pictures up as soon as i get the screen and get it installed.

Thanks,
Jeff
Depending on the fuse you tap, you can have constant power, or power only when the key is turned. Here is a picture of my fuse box, where i have two add-a-circuit installed.

rdsnshyn

Reaction score
Bill,

Me again. My screen was shipped today, now the wait. I have looked at the add-a-circuit and thats the way I will go. I have two questions though bill, I see in your pics that you have two 10 amp fuses is that 20 amps or are they seperate, all the add-a-circuits i see are 10 amp max. Second, since I have not recieved my screen yet (It's an 8" with 2 domes and an IR transmitter) I have no idea how many amps it will need but would like to have everything ready before it gets here. Can you tell me how many amps your screen pulls? Thanks again for all your help it is really appreciated!

Jeff

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rdsnshyn said:
Bill,

Me again. My screen was shipped today, now the wait. I have looked at the add-a-circuit and thats the way I will go. I have two questions though bill, I see in your pics that you have two 10 amp fuses is that 20 amps or are they seperate, all the add-a-circuits i see are 10 amp max. Second, since I have not recieved my screen yet (It's an 8" with 2 domes and an IR transmitter) I have no idea how many amps it will need but would like to have everything ready before it gets here. Can you tell me how many amps your screen pulls? Thanks again for all your help it is really appreciated!

Jeff
They are separate. One is for the exsisting component, and the other is for the new device your trying to power.
Unfortunately my manual didnt say how much amps it pulls, but the power line to the monitor will have its own fuse already. I will measure and post how much it actually pulls later today.

DJ Ebster

Reaction score
Nice

Hey Billforde
Very nice add ons.
I am keen to learn about your Bazooka sub? Are you happy with it? How much watt amp is powering it? I want to get me the Nitrous sub by Bazooka. It's a really cool blue color and will go sweet with my atalantic blue Jeep. But I want the one that has a powered Amp built into it. I want a very clean setup and don't want the hassle of adding a sub as my HU has a sub pre-out. Any advice?