'12 KK new AGM battery install.......rescan/recalibrate???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomH6280

Reaction score
Just went and installed a new AGM-type battery tonight. There is some info out there the battery sensor module will not immediately sense correctly the lower internal resistance of the AGM-type batteries, as oppose to the OEM flooded-electrolyte-cell type battery installed when delivered, potentially resulting in creating an overcharge situation from the charging circuit???

Any wisdom or info on exchanging for a new AGM battery???? Should I do anything...???

TIA.

-TomH

NavyStore

Reaction score
I've been running an Interstate AGM 800CCA battery for seven(??) years (on the second one - got about six years out of the first one) on my 2008 Liberty (KK) Limited. Never had an issue with error messages or charging. I got the biggest one I could because we go to the drive-in movies, and listen over the MyGig radio system (9 or 11 speakers) and though I start it halfway through the movie, it's nice having reserve power. Don't let the list price scare you; I buy them from the distributor and using my employers and military discounts, I paid about 2/3'rds of retail.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sealed AGM batteries won't corrode terminals & are a powerful long lasting replacement.
For many years I've run an Odyssey PC-1500- dual terminal 34/78. great battery.
I must be at 10 years now & it still starts the Jeep.
This is one battery that has great cranking power.
You should'nt have to worry about error messages.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.