'12 KK new AGM battery install.......rescan/recalibrate???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomH6280

Reaction score
Just went and installed a new AGM-type battery tonight. There is some info out there the battery sensor module will not immediately sense correctly the lower internal resistance of the AGM-type batteries, as oppose to the OEM flooded-electrolyte-cell type battery installed when delivered, potentially resulting in creating an overcharge situation from the charging circuit???

Any wisdom or info on exchanging for a new AGM battery???? Should I do anything...???

TIA.

-TomH

NavyStore

Reaction score
I've been running an Interstate AGM 800CCA battery for seven(??) years (on the second one - got about six years out of the first one) on my 2008 Liberty (KK) Limited. Never had an issue with error messages or charging. I got the biggest one I could because we go to the drive-in movies, and listen over the MyGig radio system (9 or 11 speakers) and though I start it halfway through the movie, it's nice having reserve power. Don't let the list price scare you; I buy them from the distributor and using my employers and military discounts, I paid about 2/3'rds of retail.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sealed AGM batteries won't corrode terminals & are a powerful long lasting replacement.
For many years I've run an Odyssey PC-1500- dual terminal 34/78. great battery.
I must be at 10 years now & it still starts the Jeep.
This is one battery that has great cranking power.
You should'nt have to worry about error messages.
You must be registered for see images attach