100,000 mile, mile stone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So right before Thanksgiving my KJ ticked off the 100,000 mile mark. I'm pretty happy with that. Recently I have done all the usual stuff maintenence wise to keep it running. It feels like it is running pretty good.

Is there anything that I should keep an eye on though at this point? What are the things I should look out for?

I'd like to keep it going as long as possible of course, as long as I can afford to keep putting gas in it. So I'm just curious what you all have run into at and over this mark.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our '04 has a touch over 150,000.0 miles and the only parts that have needed to be replaced are a water pump, A/C condenser, power steering hoses, and a radiator; in that order.

What miles for each if you know?

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Mine just hit 70k today so I believe I still have some time!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you keep the regular maintenance up you'll be good for a long time in most cases. There is no way that you can determine when say a water pump or anything else is going to go south. Many people worry too much and say Oh my so and so's ujoint went out at 50,000 miles and I'm at 45,000 so I better replace mine today and thats all BS
Just keep checking things along the way and enjoy the ride. :happy175:
Mine has 166,000 on it and besides ujoints at 55,000, idler pulley etc at70,some thousand I think it was and other normal wear items its been great.
Friend has an 03 with over 190,000 and has had to replace the water pump and a couple of other small things so far. So don't worry when something went bad on others just run it!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish my kj was as young as 100k! mine is at 150k and i really havnt had many issues with mine. at this point most of my bushings are wearing out and need replacing but thats about it!

dmblair78

Reaction score
I've got 145000 on my 05 3.7L and like a couple of other posts here, haven't had any major issues whatsoever. All I've done is regular maintenance such as oil changes, brakes, etc.. Only thing that had to be changed that was wearing out was a couple of tie rod ends. Other than that absolutley nothing has ever failed on me. By far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. And at the rate she is going, she will hold that title for quite sometime. I've never had anything get up that high on miles and do so well! Knock on wood!

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
my kj is about to hit 127,000 the only things I have done to it other than regular mantainence is replaced the oil pressure sensor because I switched to synthetic and clogged it up, replaced the steering column due to a fluke with igniotion that was made into the column, and jus recently replaced the brakes master cylinder. All together I think I've speent about $500 in repairs on 3 things in the last 3 years.

fallstiger75

Reaction score
my 05 just hit 130000, water pump, blower resisitor, and transmission pan rotted out(I spend time at the beach) oil pan starting to look dicey